• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding 'Direct contract' web sites.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding 'Direct contract' web sites.

Hi All,

Just arrived in london 2 weeks ago. Trying to get started in contracting here, but still working my way through the hoops. I am looking to get in touch with some experienced contractors whose brains I can pick - beggining here I guess.

I was looking for 'direct contract' websites, they're supposed to be here somewhere but I seem to keep missing them. Can someone give me a pointer to exactly where on the site they are?

They are mentioned in this url:
    http://www.contractoruk.com/first_ti...ind_a_job.html
    Obviously the truth is what's so. Not so obviously so what.

Originally posted by lance.delahaye
    Hi All,

Just arrived in london 2 weeks ago. Trying to get started in contracting here, but still working my way through the hoops. I am looking to get in touch with some experienced contractors whose brains I can pick - beggining here I guess.

I was looking for 'direct contract' websites, they're supposed to be here somewhere but I seem to keep missing them. Can someone give me a pointer to exactly where on the site they are?

They are mentioned in this url:
    http://www.contractoruk.com/first_ti...ind_a_job.html
    Why on Earth would you start with direct sites. We have people called agents in this country who collate jobs and they advertise on something called the internet on "jobserve". They are more than a bit dodgy but they are the best place to start.

I would advise that you start dealing with them and then come to this site to check their behaviour

Comment

Working...
    X