• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stelvio Pass

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stelvio Pass

No, I don't think I will pass. Might have to buy.
    2018 Alfa Stelvio Quadrifoglio: The Ferrari SUV that Ferrari will never build | Ars Technica
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

yes but really do you not just want the hot Guilia?

I mean lets face it beefed up SUV's are for people with tiny dongs.

Comment

Caption 2 claims it's a V8, photo 5 shows a V6. The articles about as reliable as their cars.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Caption 2 claims it's a V8, photo 5 shows a V6. The articles about as reliable as their cars.
        Maybe they estimate that two out of the eight cylinders won't be working at any given time.

What an ugly thing.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Yeah the press can't even report stuff that is handed to them as a press pack. he ho.

I WANT ONE

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            yes but really do you not just want the hot Guilia?

I mean lets face it beefed up SUV's are for people with tiny dongs.
            The Giulia (note the spelling) is great if you live in a town with nice flat roads.
            I've priced on up at £62k.

I looked at the Levante in the summer and it was very good. The Stelvio is now a matter of pricing.
            Owning an Alfa is like dating a supermodel. She might be high maintenance, she might not be the most practical, but you're dating a supermodel.

As for appendage size, my wife is happy, so do I care about whether some random blob on the internet thinks it's small or not?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Yeah the press can't even report stuff that is handed to them as a press pack. he ho.

I WANT ONE

Depends on the pricepoint surely?

Will it be going up against the Macan Turbo, for example? That does 0-60 in 4.4 and starts at £68k while the top end Cayenne does 0-60 in 4.1 and starts at £119k

The Jag F-Pace doesn't have a high performance model yet, but the Merc GLC AMG starts at £48k but "only" gets you to 60 in 4.9 seconds.

Good looking vehicle, but they need to price it correctly.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It's going up against the Macan Turbo, I would expect it to be around £75k.
                Given that the Giulia has set a new record on the Nurburgring (beating the new Panamera as the fastest saloon car, Panamera: 7.38, Giulia: 7.32), it's got the pedigree.

Comment

Depends on the pricepoint surely?
                  AYSYCOTBAC?

Price? If you need to ask, you're a disguised permie.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    AYSYCOTBAC?

Price? If you need to ask, you're a disguised permie.
                    You're an undisguised wankpuffin. Of course price counts, I'm a Northerner first, contractor second.

Comment

Working...
                    X