• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Job of the Day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Job of the Day...

Stockholm? €380/pd? Kin 'ell!

JS5545 Linux Administration Contract Stockholm

I have an urgent requirement for an experienced LINUX consultant for a 12 month contract at a European Site in Stockholm as follows:-

2.4 Description of the services & scope of Lot 2: Back office services
    The services expected consist of the provision of skilled individuals to participate in delivering IT Backoffice service.

2.4.1.1 System Administrator
    Description of main tasks:
    ท Server administration
    ท Application installation and integration on production systems
    ท Database administration
    ท SAN administration
    ท Incident analysis and resolution in cooperation with the application developers and the Front office administrators
    ท Documentation review
    ท Automating administration tasks
    ท Maintaining and enhancing security
    ท Active directory administration
    ท Monitoring
    ท Backup/restore
    ท Disaster recovery
    ท Messaging administration
    ท Web services administration
    ท Setup and maintenance of procedures
    ท Setup and maintenance of documentation
    ท Hardware problem resolution in cooperation with 3rd parties
    ท Standby support
    ท Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working
    ท Good communication skills
    ท Good knowledge of English language
    ท Good troubleshooting skills.

Required proficiency in Information technologies:
    ท Good knowledge of server and storage hardware
    ท Good knowledge of operating systems
    ท Good knowledge of server applications
    ท Good knowledge of scripting.

Education and work experience:
    ท University degree with minimum 3 years' experience in System Administration. OR no university degree with minimum 5 years' experience in System Administration
    ท Good experience in administration of the above mentioned support activities and tasks

ท Proven experience in troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures.

220 days at Euro 380/day Start 1st February

380? There aren't even decent hotels in Stockholm for that rate.

Tell you what, throw in travel, hotel, all expenses, rental car during the week and double the rate, and I might know someone.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I want to goad the agent a bit but not too obviously otherwise they just ignore you.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I want to goad the agent a bit but not too obviously otherwise they just ignore you.
        1st Feb is a Wednesday. Tell them you are interested, but the 6th is the soonest.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You are too late I have already put a couple of "local" Syrian refugees up for the job
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            You are too late I have already put a couple of "local" Syrian refugees up for the job
            But they all don't want to work don't they? They just want a free house and benefits.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              But they all don't want to work don't they? They just want a free house and benefits.....
              Nope. They just want a life
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Ha, how about this bollocks I got today:

Good Morning,

Forgive the approach our client a Global IT Services company require a IT Support consultant to join their customer project team based in Frankfurt.

The role will be on a freelance basis, the rate will be €120-130 per day and the duration is yet to be confirmed but they do need someone to start immediately.

For further details please email me your latest CV to plonker@ripoffrecruitment and I can organise my colleague to give you a call.

Should the role not be relevant, please accept my apologies however if you can recommend any colleague or friend this would be appreciated.

I look forward to your response.

Best Regards
                Twat

--
                undefined undefined
                undefined

Their website...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Ha, how about this bollocks I got today:

Their website...
                  Looks like they need someone to build their website

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Looks like they need someone to build their website
                    That email reads like it was written by a certain banned teutonic poster too. You know, the one with no GCSE's.

Comment

Working...
                    X