• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something really serious

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something really serious

OK, Brexit, Immigration, Trump, EU, lefties vs righties, wealthy elite vs ordinary people, etc etc.

Forget all this trivia. Got my writer's club tomorrow and can't think of a story despite half a bottle of Pinot Grigiot. Any suggestions?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    OK, Brexit, Immigration, Trump, EU, lefties vs righties, wealthy elite vs ordinary people, etc etc.

Forget all this trivia. Got my writer's club tomorrow and can't think of a story despite half a bottle of Pinot Grigiot. Any suggestions?
    Climate change? Recruitment agents? all sorts of worthy topics to be inspired about on CUK
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

A novel written by AI passes the first round in a Japanese literary competition - ScienceAlert

Write a story about a new AI that writes a story. The AI story is a murder plot to kill Donald Trump in some obscure way. Then it actually happens.

Or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Have you done driverless cars going postal?

Comment

Why not write about the apocalyptic results of Jeremy Corbyn being elected Prime Minister and re-enacting Animal Farm?
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Why not write about the apocalyptic results of Jeremy Clarkson being elected Prime Minister and re-enacting Animal Farm?
            FTFY
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What about a story, a group of guys who have too many vacuum cleaners, go out and convince a hotel owner that the bed sheets have come to life, are floating around in the ball room, and they have to vacuum them up by placing the vacuums on their backs. Then later on, they have to capture a large inflatable parade float shaped like a sailor which has gotten away from the rest of parade, and they have to draw it closer to the spire of a church using their vacuums so it will burst, but instead, they just light it with a lighter and as its fall of farts, it bursts into flames. And then in the end of the story, they do it all over again, but this time, the boys are girls and the theme tune really sucks (as does the story).

Bang. Job done.

Comment

I'm kind of sensing that this was probably not the right place to seek inspiration...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Have you ever written about radiators that bleed blood?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Or what about radiators which bleed THEMSELVES

Comment

Working...
                    X