• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the day...

About £300 per day short of the mark...

VMware Engineer - Swindon, Wiltshire - 17/11/2016 18:35:09
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Does knowing how to configure a server really get you £600pd in Swindon?

I can use VirtualBox. Does that count?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Where is DimPrawn!
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Go for it!

I won't be standing in your way!
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Surely about £100 a day for Swindon (plus bodyguard).

Comment

from the ad:

The VMware Engineer would be responsible for building, deploying and integrating their customer's cloud and hosting solution.

Really could mean anything from simply flipping out VMs from a template to far far more, maybe the range should be £300-600/day

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
              from the ad:

The VMware Engineer would be responsible for building, deploying and integrating their customer's cloud and hosting solution.

Really could mean anything from simply flipping out VMs from a template to far far more, maybe the range should be £300-600/day
              Yeah could be the whole ESX infra, SAN, Virtual switches, networks, DR-HA, vMotion. There's more to it that sticking the CD in and running the install.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Yeah could be the whole ESX infra, SAN, Virtual switches, networks, DR-HA, vMotion. There's more to it that sticking the CD in and running the install.
                Which makes it interesting in that..... does one go by the rate and presume it's a fairly simple role? or go to the interview and find out it's more in line with what you're suggesting to which you go back to the agent and say a higher rate is needed?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Where is DimPrawn!
                  A respected Swindon based company ...
                  Nothing is respected in Swindon.

£300 per day wouldn't cover the required personal security personnel.

Comment

It would be nice to know the end client so that we could all avoid the impending inevitable cluster****.

Comment

Working...
                    X