• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do we need more Walt Disneys?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we need more Walt Disneys?

Terminally-ill teen won historic ruling to preserve body - BBC News

The planet is over populated as it is without cryogenically preserved brains cluttering up the place.

Once dead, there is no way people are going to be bought back to life.

Or maybe it has already happened and we are all living in the matrix....

I like the artists impression. Apparently you get to lie naked in a glass pod where people can come and stare at you for thousands of years.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Once dead, there is no way people are going to be bought back to life.
      That's the thing - there is no evidence that crygenically stored bodies could be brought back to life even in optimal condition, i.e. if we froze a perfectly healthy human.

Never mind trying to restore someone who died, fact is they had an illness to which they died - there is no cure for death, so you would surely be better being frozen long before the cancer kills you.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        That's the thing - there is no evidence that crygenically stored bodies could be brought back to life even in optimal condition, i.e. if we froze a perfectly healthy human.

Never mind trying to restore someone who died, fact is they had an illness to which they died - there is no cure for death, so you would surely be better being frozen long before the cancer kills you.
        The BBC had a somewhat eccentric scientist on this morning who'd apparently signed up to have his brain frozen (just his brain). He did make the point that embryos are now routinely frozen for years and then brought back to life though obviously that's a lot simpler than a whole body. But maybe if your brain is frozen and the cancer is elsewhere it could be revived and there'd be the technology to keep it alive in a jar or something.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Would you still be you if they could bring you back? Don't like the thought of lying in a freezer for decades anyway, must get pretty boring.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Its gambling a few grand (which you can no longer spend) on the off chance someone can bring you back to life it might be 1000:1 chance but hey its a chance.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I like the 'infinite' amount of time for £37k. I'd buy shares in the co that's that confident in its future.

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
                I like the 'infinite' amount of time for £37k. I'd buy shares in the co that's that confident in its future.
                I can see a future episode of Storage Wars here.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Nazi Cartoonists?

Comment

You do not need to do this.

Simply sign up to oPM's Multiverse and Time Travel Emporium

For a small one off fee when you die someone from a different parallel universe will come and revive you from a one of the multiverses that has a cure for your ailment.

Comment

Working...
                    X