• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown

" Gordon Brown has been contacted by cash-for-honours probe police. More soon."

On the front page of the BBC News site. It would be so good if a serious amount of mud could be thrown his way as he is not quite as teflon coated as his 'mate' Here's hoping anyway!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

On the front page of the BBC News site. It would be so good if a serious amount of mud could be thrown his way as he is not quite as teflon coated as his 'mate' Here's hoping anyway!
    The thought of Blair, Brown, Prescot and the rest of them banged up is almost too delightful to bear.
    I know our prisons are overcrowded, but I would happily release murderers, armed robbers and other less dangerous people to make room for them.
    Boom boom boom boom
    A-haw haw haw haw
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Gordon Brown has been contacted by police probing the cash-for-honours affair, Labour sources have said.
      The chancellor has not been interviewed but been asked to declare "formally in writing" what he knew about the secret £14m loans before the last election.

Other members of Labour's ruling National Executive Committee have been asked to do the same, the source added.

Police are investigating whether any honours were given in return for cash - all involved deny wrongdoing.

Labour pointed out early on in the inquiry that Mr Brown, because of his role as chancellor, had taken no role in party funding.

Downing Street has implied that Tony Blair has not been approached by the police to declare in writing what he knew about loans to Labour.

This is despite reports that all members of the party's governing body, the NEC, on which Mr Blair sits, have been asked to do so.

The prime minister's official spokesman said "nothing has changed", implying that no approach had been made.

The investigators are thought to have spoken to, or contacted, more than 50 people, including some of Mr Blair's closest advisers, and, from the Conservative side, former leader Michael Howard.

Director of Public Prosecutions Ken Macdonald - a former colleague of Cherie Blair - and Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair, have decided to stand aside from decisions related to the investigation.

Attorney General Lord Goldsmith - who attends Cabinet and who is close to Mr Blair - on Tuesday said he would not stand aside from the process but promised to act "in the interests of justice".
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Expect a smoke screen due to some terrorist activity to distract the media if Teflon gets pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Expect a smoke screen due to some terrorist activity to distract the media if Teflon gets pulled.
          Just how long are the media going to keep falling for that one?
          Boom boom boom boom
          A-haw haw haw haw
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Impetus

I wonder where the impetus is coming from to make sure that this doesnt go away.

Any clues. Cant be the public becuase no-one listens to the people in a democracy anymore.

Somebody wants this too stick and I have no idea which cabal could be behind it.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Do you think the bookies will offer odds? I'd have a fiver on some news to bury it!
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Milburn too

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

Extract from BBC news

<
                Milburn quizzed in honours probe

Mr Milburn, centre, with Gordon Brown and John Prescott in 2005
                Ex-minister and 2005 Labour election supremo Alan Milburn has revealed he was interviewed by police investigating the cash-for-honours affair.
                Chancellor Gordon Brown and Deputy PM John Prescott have also been contacted about the loans made to Labour before the election, it is understood.

They are among those asked to reveal "formally in writing" what they knew.

Police are investigating whether donors received honours in return for cash - all involved deny wrongdoing.
                >

Comment

So what if New Labour bend a few rules. It is all done for the greater good!

That's what Tony believes anyway.

Comment

"That's what Tony believes anyway."

Blair that is!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X