• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outta here....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outta here....

So I originally joined these forums to become part of the contractor community, hoping to get insight into how it all works and then to proffer help and advise once I'd got a bit of experience myself. Sadly it seems that whilst the forums provided some help at the start of my contracting all they do nowadays is provide an anonymous baiting pit for sycophants, whingers and narcissistic moderators drunk on their own little sphere of power.

After my latest experience of having thieves laugh about stealing other people's IP I've come to the realisation that these forums provide zero help nowadays and so I'm outta here.

If a mod could metaphorically turn out the light after I've gone and delete my account I'd be grateful.

Good luck for the future to those who are here to genuinely try and help others, although I can see the forums being dead within a year.
    Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Originally posted by Intel View Post
    So I originally joined these forums to become part of the contractor community, hoping to get insight into how it all works and then to proffer help and advise once I'd got a bit of experience myself. Sadly it seems that whilst the forums provided some help at the start of my contracting all they do nowadays is provide an anonymous baiting pit for sycophants, whingers and narcissistic moderators drunk on their own little sphere of power.

After my latest experience of having thieves laugh about stealing other people's IP I've come to the realisation that these forums provide zero help nowadays and so I'm outta here.

If a mod could metaphorically turn out the light after I've gone and delete my account I'd be grateful.

Good luck for the future to those who are here to genuinely try and help others, although I can see the forums being dead within a year.
    Firstly accounts aren't deleted. This post and others will stay here until the forums die...

Secondly we do provide professional advice in the professional forums but any posts in General are treated with the respect they deserve.

Thirdly, the attacks you received regarding copyright were self inflicted. In a thread about the Grand Tour you brought it up and seem to be surprised that people are slightly less bothered about copyright then you are. You then showed to me that you don't know the difference between european and US law which just added to the fun.

See ya
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

an anonymous baiting pit for sycophants, whingers and narcissistic moderators drunk on their own little sphere of power
      Don't know, never bother with anything except CUK, but, from all the online abuse stuff one reads about, I suspect all forums are like that.

accounts aren't deleted
      Great! After I snuff it I can come back as a zombie. My avatar will then be even more accurate than it is now.

PS Though these days one only can only come back as a jar of dust. A pile of dust blowing about moaning "Brains" does not see very scary somehow.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 20 November 2016, 11:26.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Last edited by DaveB; 20 November 2016, 11:46.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

6 healthy reasons to masturbate | Best Health Magazine Canada
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I reckon about 3 out of 10 on the flounceometer.

Comment

Must be one of the snowflake generation.

Comment

Things really are the same here! I thought 6 years away would have changed things. Where's SASguru?
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    Things really are the same here! I thought 6 years away would have changed things. Where's SASguru?
                    Taking some time out in his "safe space".
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X