• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend getaway in cottage for 10 people within 1 hour of Heathrow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend getaway in cottage for 10 people within 1 hour of Heathrow?

Can you recommend somewhere from personal experience? Seen a few on GroupAccomodation but never used that site so not sure I can trust prepayment. Would rather take personal experiences if you have any.

In a nutshell, 10 people, all cousins ages 25 to 45, looking for a quiet weekend break to just chill in, stay warm, have a few drinks, maybe a hot tub if available.

To clarify the location: 1 hour drive from Heathrow!

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Can you recommend somewhere from personal experience? Seen a few on GroupAccomodation but never used that site so not sure I can trust prepayment. Would rather take personal experiences if you have any.

In a nutshell, 10 people, all cousins ages 25 to 45, looking for a quiet weekend break to just chill in, stay warm, have a few drinks, maybe a hot tub if available.

1 hour drive at what time and day of the week?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

1 hour drive at what time and day of the week?
      On friday evening that'll be Poyle

Seriously, traffic jams aside, within an hour you could be down the M4 in Wiltshire, somewhere round Marlborough for example and rent one of these cottages.

But I think you'll be hard pressed to find a cottage that sleeps 10!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        But I think you'll be hard pressed to find a cottage that sleeps 10!
        How about Terminal 5....?

Comment

So you want to go cottaging?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Swindon is an hour from Heathrow on a good day.

Come and stay with Prawny!

My Home

Comment

I was thinking something like this:

http://www.groupaccommodation.com/pr...shire/#contact

But haven't used the site before and it doesn't provide any reassurances like airbnb does.

Comment

I was thinking something like this:

http://www.groupaccommodation.com/pr...shire/#contact

But haven't used the site before and it doesn't provide any reassurances like airbnb does.
                You are probably better asking what companies people have used for bookings of 5 plus people for short breaks. I've used Hoseasons before.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Swindon is an hour from Heathrow on a good day.

Come and stay with Prawny!

My Home

You really don't like him do you?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What time of year? Have you considered Glamping?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X