• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't think of a worse place to work.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't think of a worse place to work.

The firm that starts work at 9.06am - BBC News sounds like a nightmare to me.

I wonder if you have to put your hand up to go to the toilet

"I realised that programmers, if left to their own devices, may roll in at 10am,"

Comment

Yep, we can't feed or dress ourselves without help. Yet you trust us to write important code!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do you think they encourage everyone to clock off at 17.06?

or do you think the expect them to work until 18:00 'To show their commitment'

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          The firm that starts work at 9.06am - BBC News sounds like a nightmare to me.

I wonder if you have to put your hand up to go to the toilet
          But great free advertising for the company - courtesy of the BBC

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
            But great free advertising for the company - courtesy of the BBC
            This.

Comment

Zukerberg you're late again!

Comment

But you get a free a breakfast! The boss comes across as a patronising twunt, tell you what mate you can keep your 99p bacon roll and cup of Tetley, I'll see you at 10am when i roll past your office
                Last edited by SlipTheJab; 21 November 2016, 15:05.

Comment

I just don't get such firms. Also, not everyone is a programmer (even in a software house). What about others, do they still have to rock up at 9:06 and do a 10 minute standup ? What does a financial analyst say in those 10 minute stand up ? Yes - I will create an amazing chart of how our P/L looks, or fudge it to make it look better for our investors !

And they follow pair programming !! Maybe the financial wiz can chart that up.

When Yahoo got the current CEO, she said no more working from home and everyone had to be in office, etc. Did great for the staff morale, look at the state they are in now, can't even be sold and awaiting possible fines for data breach

With all the modern technology around, you would expect a technology company to adapt them and use it to their advantage !

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Do you think they encourage everyone to clock off at 17.06?

or do you think the expect them to work until 18:00 'To show their commitment'
                    The article is quite clear on that.

"And at the end of the day everyone has to leave the office at 6pm sharp because staff aren't allowed to work into the evening."

A 8 hour 54 minute day for all then.

What a bunch of tulipty tulipheads.
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                    X