• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ambassador Nige

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambassador Nige

Donald Trump believes Nigel Farage would do great job as Britain's US ambassador | Daily Mail Online

Donald Trump stuns Downing Street by tweeting that Nigel Farage should be Britain's ambassador to the US because he would do a 'great job'
    President-elect Trump sends tweet that again embarrasses Theresa May
    Mr Trump tweeted: 'Many people would like to see @Nigel_Farage represent Great Britain as their Ambassador to the US. He'd do a great job!'
    Mr Farage today said he was 'flattered' and wanted to help US/UK relations
    Downing Street says there is 'no vacancy' at their embassy in Washington
    Billionaire met the interim Ukip leader - but only spoke to PM on the phone
    must have gone down well.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    must have gone down well.
    the tweet or Nigel?

Comment

Moving eek's working thoughts into life, the entertainment value of Trump is going to last for years.

He's the gift that keeps on giving...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It would get the little prick out of the country, realises Britain
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

One fascist likes another fascist.

Comment

Someone elsewhere pointed out things that are obvious once you think of them.

1) Trump is saying that our current Ambassador is no good. Given the lack of contacts that existed between the winning team and our Government I think we can take it as fact. So we need a new Ambassador.

2) Trump's campaign was rescued by Nigel (you can see it by looking at when he appeared on the scene and both the tone and campaign visits afterwards) and while Trump cannot (due to Nigel being a UK citizen) award him directly he is pointing out that Trump would appreciate Nigel getting something.

3) Trump assumes that the way the US appoints ambassadors is how the rest of the world does it (doesn't work like that our ambassadors aren't appointed based on campaign money given / raised).

I would imagine giving Nigel some roaming brief as trade ambassador to the USA would answer both questions rather well.

Meanwhile Yes Trump just gives on giving (oh and appears to be moving the economy back to something I can understand rather than the current insane zombie Zero interest policy that is screwing everyone).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A party leader who can't even win their seat as MP, whose party is falling apart and can't even find someone to be leader.

Maybe the civil service is better for Nigel. It ain't going to happen though, countries aren't going to appoint ambassadors at the fickle whim of Trump
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                A party leader who can't even win their seat as MP, whose party is falling apart and can't even find someone to be leader.

Maybe the civil service is better for Nigel. It ain't going to happen though, countries aren't going to appoint ambassadors at the fickle whim of Trump
                And part of a European coalition who has used funds for something they aren't allowed to.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  And part of a European coalition who has used funds for something they aren't allowed to.
                  That makes him a genius for using the system to his gain. Big League.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    That makes him a genius for using the system to his gain. Big League.
                    Except he has got caught and has to pay it back - making him a useless crook.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X