• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can weed save the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can weed save the UK?

Seems to be lots of news about MPs talking about cannabis legislation again. What are the chances that this will be the time that the Government needs cash more than it needs to save face and admit it was wrong about prohibition all these years?

With those few more US states voting to decriminalise as well I think the political pressure will mount now. That is if the stoners can be arsed to get off the couch and lobby for it

Met an old mate I hadn't seen for some time the other day - he was telling me about CBD. This is an older chap, well into his 60s now and not had the best of health. His wife has bad arthritis as well - they have both found massive relief from this stuff so I did a bit of research. Apparently it's the non-psychoactive part of weed and seems to work wonders for many people. Mate's wife has reduced her codeine intake by 60% since using it. Anyone had any experience with it?

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Seems to be lots of news about MPs talking about cannabis legislation again. What are the chances that this will be the time that the Government needs cash more than it needs to save face and admit it was wrong about prohibition all these years?

With those few more US states voting to decriminalise as well I think the political pressure will mount now. That is if the stoners can be arsed to get off the couch and lobby for it

Met an old mate I hadn't seen for some time the other day - he was telling me about CBD. This is an older chap, well into his 60s now and not had the best of health. His wife has bad arthritis as well - they have both found massive relief from this stuff so I did a bit of research. Apparently it's the non-psychoactive part of week and seem to work wonders for many people. Mate's wife has reduced her codeine intake by 60% since using it. Anyone had any experience with it?
    Hey admin, hope all's well.

When you say experience do you mean on a medical level?
    Never got into weed like I got into alcohol I have to say
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

It is legal for medical use in 27 states in the user - and 7 for recreational use.

So either a lot of American states are just using the medical use as an excuse for recreational use or they feel there are medical benefits.

Here are states with legal recreational marijuana:

1. Alaska

2. California

3. Colorado

4. Oregon

5. Massachusetts

6. Nevada

7. Washington

Here are states with medical marijuana:

1. Alaska

2. Arizona

3. Arkansas

4. California

5. Colorado

6. Connecticut

7. Delaware

8. Florida

9. Hawaii

10. Illinois

11. Maine

12. Maryland

13. Massachusetts

14. Michigan

15. Minnesota

16. Montana

17. Nevada

18. New Hampshire

19. New Jersey

20. New Mexico

21. New York

22. North Dakota

23. Oregon

24. Pennsylvania

25. Rhode Island

26. Vermont

27. Washington

Comment

Goodness knows why we don't use it for medical purposes.

7 uses for medical marijuana

Though I am for legalising for the over 21s and taxing.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Hey admin, hope all's well.

When you say experience do you mean on a medical level?
          Never got into weed like I got into alcohol I have to say
          All good cheers sas! Too much to do as always bit not complaining. You all good? Nice to see you back on here. We lose Old Greg and you come back - it's like a tag team of contracting combatants

Yes, experience on a medical level.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ptic-seizures/

UK government finally concedes cannabis has a medicinal effect | The Independent

Wasn't aware of any of this until last weekend. This coupled with the need for more tax might push us down the road for decriminalisation. I feed a plan B coming on

Comment

I'm on the Crohn's disease forum and they have a whole section for Medical Marijuana; obviously lots of people feel it benefits them and it's legal in enough parts of the US now. There's this pervasive idea that cannabis is the drug they don't want you to know about. "They" being the giant conspiracy that exists between the government and the drug companies wanting to push their own much more expensive treatments. I can't help feeling that people want to believe this a bit too much; maybe even believing that you're taking some radical underground new treatment has a positive psychosomatic effect.

From what I glean the CBD part is meant to be anti-inflammatory, and THC is a pain killer (and gets you high). There's some discussion about the best ratio (mostly CBD) to have the best positive effect without wanting to call everybody dude and play the Wizard of Oz in sync with The Dark Side of the Moon. (It's possible that that attitude to Cannabis is half the problem and we should all just grow up).

I think most people either vape or eat it some way. There's CBD oil; not quite sure what you do with that. Smoking is pretty bad for Crohn's, in fact I wonder if it was smoking lots of dope as a student that triggered it in me. That would be ironic.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              All good cheers sas! Too much to do as always bit not complaining. You all good? Nice to see you back on here. We lose Old Greg and you come back - it's like a tag team of contracting combatants

Yes, experience on a medical level.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ptic-seizures/

UK government finally concedes cannabis has a medicinal effect | The Independent

Wasn't aware of any of this until last weekend. This coupled with the need for more tax might push us down the road for decriminalisation. I feed a plan B coming on
              Yes not too bad admin. I've misplaced my sockie OldGreg's password, could you send it to me please

Its interesting about the medical effects of cannabis. All I can say I have a family member who shall we say over indulged as a youth and is now thick as mince. Almost as bad as SB but not quite.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Its interesting about the medical effects of cannabis. All I can say I have a family member who shall we say over indulged as a youth and is now thick as mince.
                Weighting those two contributory factors, I think you will find that the cannabis had a very minimal effect.
                A bit like haranguing a First Class Passenger on the Titanic for leaving his porthole ajar, whilst attempting to exonerate the iceberg.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'm in favour of decriminalising all currently illegal drugs.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    It is legal for medical use in 27 states in the user - and 7 for recreational use.

So either a lot of American states are just using the medical use as an excuse for recreational use or they feel there are medical benefits.
                    Can't speak for them all but Venice Beach, CA had 'clinics' and staff walking the promenade shouting out "medical marijuana it's your legal right" to attract business.

Even by CA standards that area is weird though, but clearly the fuzz weren't bothered by it
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X