• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Holiday 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Holiday 2017

Afternoon All,

apologies if this is premature, but you know, the cold dark nights are upon us, the fire is running every day in the living room, we'll looking forward to the proper cold weather so that we can go skiing, the winter tyres are on the car....

and it's 10 degrees c today, what kind of near the end of November is that, and so while dreaming of winter arriving I started wondering where we can/should go for the summer holiday next year...

and I keep hearing about people who've spent their summer main holiday on a tour of Iceland, and the more I think about it the more I think it could be a lot of fun, and incredible especially for the daughters, one of which is really into stones and geology

so I started looking into the possibilities, my Mrs (unfortunately) isn't one for caravans or camper vans (if she was I'd buy one tomorrow), so I was thinking it would be cool to take the car

and I came across this company Smyril Line - Explorer Highland - Adventure into Iceland's Interior

who offer a ferry service, more like a 2 nights cruise (with your car) from Denmark to Iceland and if you want stopping for two nights in the Faroe Islands, and they're offering tour packages where they have planned the route for you around Iceland and all of the accommodation every night is arranged and you just have to pay (the ouch not small fee) and drive up there and do the tour

whatta you all think ?

secondly, this tour, Smyril Line - Explorer Highland - Adventure into Iceland's Interior can I do it in the Q7, it has a wading depth of 70cm and should I go up there with the 18inch winter wheels and tyres on or the 20inch summer wheels and p zeros ?

Anyone know anyone who's done it ?

Milan in wondering mode

You had better get used to holidaying in the UK because post Brexit Benidorm will be off limits to people on your income
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Afternoon All,

I keep hearing about people who've spent their summer main holiday on a tour of Iceland, ..[/url]
      Iceland is supposed to be a lot of fun round Christmas. Been meaning to go for several years, but never get round to it.

Or for an unusual family winter break you could try Svalbard Island.

There won't be many crowds. In fact you'll have the whole place practically to yourself (besides a few bears).
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        my Mrs (unfortunately) isn't one for caravans or camper vans (if she was I'd buy one tomorrow),
        Really? Who'd have thought it?

If you DO go to Iceland, don't forget the whole Game of Thrones, north of the wall thing.
        Winter is coming after all.....

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
        X