• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Murky Nissan deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murky Nissan deal

I was abroad when it happened and talking to a Swiss bloke who reckoned it was obvious that Brexit wasn't going to happen and that Nissan was told as much. But I missed UK coverage and I've only just remembered. So basically they've said they'll make the new models in Sunderland. Wouldn't make any sense to do that if there was any risk of tariffs.
    But what makes it stranger still is that the French government is a majority shareholder in Nissan-Renault.
    So presumably Ghosn, the boss of Nissan, will tell his contacts in the French government what he knows.
    Which leads to the strange and bizarre idea that the French government has more information on British intentions than the British parliament.

Yeah, let's take our country back, NOT!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I was abroad when it happened and talking to a Swiss bloke who reckoned it was obvious that Brexit wasn't going to happen and that Nissan was told as much. But I missed UK coverage and I've only just remembered. So basically they've said they'll make the new models in Sunderland. Wouldn't make any sense to do that if there was any risk of tariffs.
    But what makes it stranger still is that the French government is a majority shareholder in Nissan-Renault.
    So presumably Ghosn, the boss of Nissan, will tell his contacts in the French government what he knows.
    Which leads to the strange and bizarre idea that the French government has more information on British intentions than the British parliament.

You are over-thinking things sas, a process that you are dangerously ill-equipped to attempt.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      You are over-thinking things sas, a process that you are dangerously ill-equipped to attempt.

You see the problem with you SB, is your essentially "Tim Nice but Dim" personality.
      Which leads to zero input of any value whatsoever.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

You see the problem with you SB, is your essentially "Tim Nice but Dim" personality.
        Well, zero input that is delivered in banal enough terms for a simpleton like YOU to get your tiny mind around.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Oh, how I have missed this never ending rambling gibberish. Arise from the dead Great Lord Baldrick of SAS.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Oh, how I have missed this never ending rambling gibberish. Arise from the dead Great Lord Baldrick of SAS.
            Both of us want a hard Brexit.
            Not going to happen though, as Nissan already know
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Absolutely.... it was clear after the "Nissan Letter" the UK wouldn't be leaving. The "transitional deal" is just EU Membership with the word "transitional" stamped all over it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Late to the party - I pointed that out in Brexit thread part 1.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Whereas your input generally leads to a near hysterical outpouring of
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Late to the party - I pointed that out in Brexit thread part 1.
                    It got merged with something else. Sorry, can't keep up (cue laughter from the seriously impotents...)
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X