• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any other project managers sniggering at this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other project managers sniggering at this?

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ll-raze-his-hq

BA boss shocked to find out that third Heathrow runway will raze his HQ

I've had to deliver bad news on a few projects in the past but....... he he he

Originally posted by Sean Key View Post

You wonder about someone who runs an airline and who doesn't check where something large like a runway might go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Key View Post

I worked in there once- it's not so much a building, more of a small town. BA will get over it...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        You wonder about someone who runs an airline and who doesn't check where something large like a runway might go.

It will work well for them.

CPO or otherwise, the building will be purchased from them at a good value, they will be offered relocation costs, and then they will realise that T5 is too small for them, so will need to extend it, build T6 or rebuild T1.

Once that is done, Heathrow will need a 4th runway and the circle continues.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think this is more about he was not personally notified rather than having no knowledge of it at all. I believe BA already knew the new runway would run through their HQ, but Willie was expecting a personal notification from the commission or whoever as a courtesy.

Comment

When the decision about the third runway was announced a colleague mentioned that they purposely built their HQ at that point knowing full well it would need to be demolished if the runway was built. Now if you built with that in mind you could profit well from it. So what is the agenda behind this news release?

Comment

As one of the Guardian commentators point out:

The Guardian's headline is extremely misleading, suggesting that Willie Walsh has only just found out about the plans.

The story itself says that he found out "when the Airport Commission report came out", which is the best part of 18 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IRMe View Post
                When the decision about the third runway was announced a colleague mentioned that they purposely built their HQ at that point knowing full well it would need to be demolished if the runway was built. Now if you built with that in mind you could profit well from it. So what is the agenda behind this news release?
                I doubt it's the case, as like the article explains the Airlines will pay 56% of the cost of the compulsory purchases

Comment

Working...
                X