• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So I think its finally dawned on IPSE's management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I think its finally dawned on IPSE's management

That I have better access to the Government than they do....

merely at clientco for the entertainment

One of two things need to happen...

1) IPSE wake up, smell the coffee, and get working on something.
    2) IPSE fold up shop and put up a "Closed, sorry we let you all down" notice

I am a IPSE member, and I am shocked how little they are doing. Just now, they tweeted a "have you used our IR35 contract review service" tweet.... rather than "All change". They cant exist just on running freelancer money events (with the same 5 companies attending) .

On the basis that they were formed to fight IR35, so far, I would rate them a solid 0.2 out of ten for effort on the latest IR35 changes.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Harsh but....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bravo. What did Theresa May say when you discussed it with her?

Comment

Still, good that someone's getting some joy from today's news.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
            Still, good that someone's getting some joy from today's news.
            It's a little bit of schadenfreude albeit that it effects me as well - after them claiming multiple awards for the T&S battle that they equally comprehensively screwed up.
            Last edited by eek; 23 November 2016, 16:19.

Comment

It's a little bit of schadenfreude - after them claiming multiple awards for the T&S battle that they equally comprehensively screwed up.
              So you're claiming responsibility for this failure? That's good of you.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyboy View Post
                One of two things need to happen...

1) IPSE wake up, smell the coffee, and get working on something.
                2) IPSE fold up shop and put up a "Closed, sorry we let you all down" notice

I am a IPSE member, and I am shocked how little they are doing. Just now, they tweeted a "have you used our IR35 contract review service" tweet.... rather than "All change". They cant exist just on running freelancer money events (with the same 5 companies attending) .

On the basis that they were formed to fight IR35, so far, I would rate them a solid 0.2 out of ten for effort on the latest IR35 changes.
                To an extent that is unfair as this battle was last before the consultation document came out.

The battle ground now should be to get employee rights for those in a Public Sector contract using CL1's own documentation guidance and the Uber ruling. Fighting for the right to be Freelance isn't the correct battle, fighting to be treated in the exact same way as permanent staff is the approach that needs to be taken.

Battle 2 is then to get employees to use the Equality Act 2010 to reclaim income they should have been paid due to performing tasks of equal importance to the contractors who have just been given employee rights.

End result £440m in lost income creates a £10bn additional salary bill.
                Last edited by eek; 23 November 2016, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
                  So you're claiming responsibility for this failure? That's good of you.
                  Nope - I did nothing at all when this consultation came out. See my post above. This attack was years in the planning...
                  Last edited by eek; 23 November 2016, 17:44.

Comment

Nope - I didn't nothing at all when this consultation came out. See my post above. This was attack was years in the planning...
                    So if you've got exclusive access to the right people, why didn't you use that to stop this?

All very well having a pop at IPSE for failing, but at least they tried. If you have the ability to change things, and don't bother, that's less defensible.

Comment

Working...
                    X