• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roaming and picking the best sim deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roaming and picking the best sim deal

I didn't realise but it seems roaming charges will be completely abolished from June 2017.

Are there any gotcha's around this?

Looking at upgrading my existing sim-only contract, does that mean whatever contract I get now, come June, I'll be able to use all the mins/txts and data allowance usage in Europe for no additional cost?

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
    I didn't realise but it seems roaming charges will be completely abolished from June 2017.

Looking at upgrading my existing sim-only contract, does that mean whatever contract I get now, come June, I'll be able to use all the mins/txts and data allowance usage in Europe for no additional cost?
    Yeah, Brexit....

Comment

Mobile phone roaming charge abolition plan rewritten - BBC News

There is going to be some limits if it isn't being used for periodic travel. The article mentions 90 days a year and 30 consecutive days.

Bottom line suggests you going to be paying for it with the increased costs anyway.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post

Not quite. You won't get it for no cost, just for a more reasonable cost.

Mobile phone roaming charges cut within EU - BBC News

...of course this could all change as part of TWWWWNU.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It'll be good to get this and then have it taken away again a few months later. But at least we'll be free of EU interference to be ripped off in the way we want to be ripped off.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I thought twice about a paridy thread “Roaming and picking the best cim deal”
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Not quite. You won't get it for no cost, just for a more reasonable cost.

Mobile phone roaming charges cut within EU - BBC News

...of course this could all change as part of TWWWWNU.
              This is from June 2016, the charges where capped to ever lower amounts every year for the past couple of years. June 2017 they will be capped at 0

How it will tie with Brexit is a different matter. But I doubt it will revert once the mobile networks reach reciprocal agreements, they will just transfer the cost to the customers by other means eventually.

The 90/30 day rule is perfectly reasonable and will not affect 99% of the users

Comment

Working...
              X