• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

nothing to do!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing to do!

so I've re-signed my contact and moved into a new group, where there should be lots of good work, so far I've spent two weeks doing nothing!!! Just surfing the net and looking at some of the dross in this forum!

Two weeks invoices are now over 6.5k but I've nothing to do!! I like my work and need somthing to do......wheres plan 'B'

Anyone else in the same situation?
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

yep, been doing max 2 months worth of work in my 8 months down here. Resst of the time spent waiting for bureaucrazy to take over the world.....
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      so I've re-signed my contact and moved into a new group, where there should be lots of good work, so far I've spent two weeks doing nothing!!! Just surfing the net and looking at some of the dross in this forum!

Two weeks invoices are now over 6.5k but I've nothing to do!! I like my work and need somthing to do......wheres plan 'B'

Yes, pretty much. Last 2 months of the contract and the permie who'll be replacing me is doing all the work (they're calling it training).
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
        Yes, pretty much. Last 2 months of the contract and the permie who'll be replacing me is doing all the work (they're calling it training).
        I had that in the last possition as the job was moving to Budapest, 6 months of letting the turnip farmers try and learn a trade!
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner

I worked for the MOD for £650 a day, and got so bored with doing absolutely nothing I left after 6 weeks. I just couldn't handle it.

I'd rather work for £400 a day and actually have something to do, then sit pretending for weeks. It sucks!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            I worked for the MOD for £650 a day, and got so bored with doing absolutely nothing I left after 6 weeks. I just couldn't handle it.

I'd rather work for £400 a day and actually have something to do, then sit pretending for weeks. It sucks!
            So what work were you supposed to do for 650 a day?
            The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
              So what work were you supposed to do for 650 a day?
              I was "supposed" to be writing some reports, looking after their Discoverer reporting tool, training, supporting the Oracle system they had....in reality I was just sitting there day in day out staring at my screen, going for fags, nipping to the back of the office where the machines had internet access on, and basically just counting my money.
              It was EDS you see - they just wanted bums on seats, regardless of whether there was any work in the horizon or not! I didn't so much as open a word document in 6 weeks man, I was going insane.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                I was "supposed" to be writing some reports, looking after their Discoverer reporting tool, training, supporting the Oracle system they had....in reality I was just sitting there day in day out staring at my screen, going for fags, nipping to the back of the office where the machines had internet access on, and basically just counting my money.
                It was EDS you see - they just wanted bums on seats, regardless of whether there was any work in the horizon or not! I didn't so much as open a word document in 6 weeks man, I was going insane.
                Wasn't the DSDA was it?
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I've worked on projects where there was so little to do, I just spent my time developing my own software (Plan B) whilst I was there.

Luckily, both the contract and Plan B used the same technology, so no one was the wiser!

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
                    Wasn't the DSDA was it?

Whats DSDA?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X