PDA

View Full Version : Direct or agency April 2017

pjt
27th November 2016, 12:33
So come April will going direct have any advantages over agency in the public sector? I'm currently direct but thinking agencies may have some structure setup to get round the new rules. I don't see that being possible direct. Anyone got any thoughts?

DaveB
27th November 2016, 12:36
Makes no odds. With an agency in the mix, they are the ones who are supposed to make the decision about IR35 status. If there is no agency then the client will have to do it. Neither are going to want to take risks. Bear in mind that you won't even get as far as taking the HMRC tests if the client and /or agent declares you inside anyway.

northernladuk
27th November 2016, 12:38
Wait and see. Oh.. And try reading some of the other threads. This question is quite obviously already being discussed.

Oh and try reading & understanding the legislation. You wouldn't have needed to ask if you had.

ECommerceConsultant
8th December 2016, 13:57
Wait and see. Oh.. And try reading some of the other threads. This question is quite obviously already being discussed.

Oh and try reading & understanding the legislation. You wouldn't have needed to ask if you had.

Do you have a link for the legislation? I'm living / have lived in Germany for the past 2.5 years, and am coming back to UK soon, it would be great to see what changes may affect me. Thanks in advance :)

northernladuk
8th December 2016, 14:31
Might be in a thread somewhere near the top of this part of the forum believe it or not.