• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end is nigh for Contractor Accountants?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end is nigh for Contractor Accountants?

So what with PS contractors being bang inside IR35 come April 2017 it makes no sense for them to be Ltd, Brolly or PAYE looks likely, question is when (not if) this applies to the private sector as well (probably April 2019?) what will happen to our dear old Accountants whose business model the current status quo relies on... BTW I've heard a rumour that Lucy at Contractor Umbrella is taking delivery of a gold plated Rolls Royce next week... just a rumour mind... and all obviously tax deductible

Riiiight.. Because PS is the only place that uses contractors... and after 2019? Who knows. Too much guess work going on. You'd be better off making the prediction that all this will fall apart like BET's did.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Riiiight.. Because PS is the only place that uses contractors... and after 2019? Who knows. Too much guess work going on. You'd be better off making the prediction that all this will fall apart like BET's did.
      I predict that one day you will become less of a miserable so and so... not all predictions come true

Comment

Contractor accountants may find themselves with fewer clients post April '17, but Making Tax Digital will generate plenty of new work for their existing ones.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

If I was caught as all PS bods will be come April I would see a Ltd and accountant as superfluous, would bin both post haste!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            If I was caught as all PS bods will be come April I would see a Ltd and accountant as superfluous, would bin both post haste!
            Surely the sensible thing would be to get out of PS?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X