• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mm I woot!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mm I woot!

Cheese Christmas advent calendar has a slither of your favourite CHEESE behind each window | Daily Mail Online

Forget chocolate! The advent calendar that has a piece of your favourite CHEESE behind every window (and here's how you can get one)
    Blogger Annem Hobson, 27, has created UK's first cheese advent calendar
    Londoner used gouda, goat's cheese, and blue Stilton in her festive box
    They're not for sale but she hopes to sell them in 2017 if there's a demand
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I see the Mail Online now regard their readers with such absolute contempt that they don't even bother employing a sub-editor, who could have pointed out to the unpaid intern churning out this crap that "slither" and "sliver" are not the same word
    Last edited by NickFitz; 29 November 2016, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I see the Mail Online now regard their readers with such absolute contempt that they don't even bother employing a sub-editor, who could have pointed out to the unpaid intern churning out this crap that "slither" and "sliver" are not the same word
      It has the highest circulation, its the voice of the nation.You may not like its diction.

Comment

Cheeses of Nazareth?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'll stick with the Ginvent calendar (and crackers)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I'll stick with the Ginvent calendar (and crackers)
            They don't have to be mutually exclusive. Cheese & Port then on to the Gin.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              It has the highest circulation, its the voice of the nation.You may not like its diction.
              Nothing to do with diction in this case: it's illiterate.

slither
              verb [ I usually + adv/prep ] UK ​ /ˈslɪð.ər/ US ​ /ˈslɪð.ɚ/

(of bodies) to move easily and quickly across a surface while twisting or curving:
              She watched the snake slither away.

sliver
              noun [ C ] UK ​ /ˈslɪv.ər/ US ​ /ˈslɪv.ɚ/ formal

a very small, thin piece of something, usually broken off something larger:
              a sliver of glass
              Just a sliver of cake for me, please - I shouldn't really be having any.

Comment

I think you asp too much.

Comment

Nothing to do with diction in this case: it's illiterate.

slither
                  verb [ I usually + adv/prep ] UK ​ /ˈslɪð.ər/ US ​ /ˈslɪð.ɚ/

(of bodies) to move easily and quickly across a surface while twisting or curving:
                  She watched the snake slither away.

sliver
                  noun [ C ] UK ​ /ˈslɪv.ər/ US ​ /ˈslɪv.ɚ/ formal

a very small, thin piece of something, usually broken off something larger:
                  a sliver of glass
                  Just a sliver of cake for me, please - I shouldn't really be having any.
                  Hmm

unable to read or write.
                  versus
                  the choice and use of words and phrases in speech or writing.

I prefer my choice of words.

You could of gone with incompetence or carelessness but its clear the Wail can read & write though possibly not very well.
                  Last edited by vetran; 29 November 2016, 11:07.

Comment

Would take quite a bit of space in the fridge for what it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X