• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams liasing with HMRC over IR35 proposals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nixon Williams liasing with HMRC over IR35 proposals

I saw a post on Facebook the other day from Nixon Williams saying that they have been chosen, and are currently, in talks with HMRC regarding the recent changes to IR35.

Is this a cause for concern if your accountants are directly dealing with HMRC?

From my own perspective, I am working outside of IR35 (and very comfortbale in doing so) but wanted to know what people think about this and whether this may cause people to become a 'target'?

Could Nixon Williams perhaps comment?

NW are unlikely to comment as they haven't been on here much (if at all) since the takeover. But I can only see it as a good thing tbh. Better inside the tent p!ssing out.

Comment

Andy Hallett from S3 is involved in something as well. Am sure there are plenty more people. Look at the consultation list at the end of the legislation proposal document. Tons of people.

And as we've seen on here all the comments are let's wait and see. I'd rather they did a good job of it and reported something good rather than them making a statement before they've even had their first meeting.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This is probably related to testing of the online tool, so not really liaising as much as bending over and taking it

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          This is probably related to testing of the online tool, so not really liaising as much as bending over and taking it
          I believe the test cases will fail if anything entered into it comes up IR35 negative
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Andy Hallett from S3 is involved in something as well. Am sure there are plenty more people. Look at the consultation list at the end of the legislation proposal document. Tons of people.

And as we've seen on here all the comments are let's wait and see. I'd rather they did a good job of it and reported something good rather than them making a statement before they've even had their first meeting.
            +1 my current worry isn't this tool its the CL1 guidance....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
            X