• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eric Bristow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric Bristow

Eric Bristow: Ex-darts champion loses Sky role for football sex abuse comments - BBC Sport

Bristow has been hounded on Twitter for clumsily saying that men should man up and go and give their abusers a kicking instead of whining about their past on media. Whilst I am not sure that I agree that it is possible for people to overcome this terrible abuse as simply as he suggests and that his choice of words about "poofs" was particularly clever (he later recanted and said he should have used the word paedo instead) I think he has a point. There are too many liberals on the look at for victims to whom they can pin the sanctity of their moral self righteousnous and this it seems is one of them.

Brendan O 'Neill comes out in support In defence of Eric Bristow | Coffee House
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Eric Bristow: Ex-darts champion loses Sky role for football sex abuse comments - BBC Sport

Bristow has been hounded on Twitter for clumsily saying that men should man up and go and give their abusers a kicking instead of whining about their past on media. Whilst I am not sure that I agree that it is possible for people to overcome this terrible abuse as simply as he suggests and that his choice of words about "poofs" was particularly clever (he later recanted and said he should have used the word paedo instead) I think he has a point. There are too many liberals on the look at for victims to whom they can pin the sanctity of their moral self righteousnous and this it seems is one of them.

Brendan O 'Neill comes out in support In defence of Eric Bristow | Coffee House
    Easy enough to say on the surface, I guess, when it hasn't actually happened to you.

The one thing I will say, is this sort of thing is all about power and domination hence the "success" of Saville over many, many, years.
    Some of the victims felt they couldn't speak out because of the power of Saville, I'm guessing a football coach could be the same.

Unfortunately, I believe this will turn out to be something that other people, in football, knew was going on all along.

Regardless of what anyone says and however distasteful it seems now, people turned a blind eye to Pedophilia in the 70's and 80's, its as simple as that.
    I saw exactly the same at my secondary school, where 8 years after I left a couple of teachers were banged up.
    We (ALL the pupils in my year and all of the ones in the years above) and I believe a lot of other people knew what they had been up to at least 12 years, prior to that.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yeah little kids should man up.

Idiot.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

When someone comes and abuses you, I hope you'll 'man up'
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have no time for 3rd wave feminists and assocaiated social justice warriors but Eric was talking utter bullshot there
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Yeah little kids should man up.

Idiot.
            ^^^ This.
            The fat drunken retard should shut his uneducated gob.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

He's gonna need Bullseye to start again as he'll be struggling for work for a bit.

Idiot.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Pretty rare how he's taken this on the chin. The usual script in this situation would be for him to say he's been "battling some demons", apologise, and be back at work within the year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Easy enough to say on the surface, I guess, when it hasn't actually happened to you.

The one thing I will say, is this sort of thing is all about power and domination hence the "success" of Saville over many, many, years.
                  Some of the victims felt they couldn't speak out because of the power of Saville, I'm guessing a football coach could be the same.

Unfortunately, I believe this will turn out to be something that other people, in football, knew was going on all along.

Regardless of what anyone says and however distasteful it seems now, people turned a blind eye to Pedophilia in the 70's and 80's, its as simple as that.
                  I saw exactly the same at my secondary school, where 8 years after I left a couple of teachers were banged up.
                  We (ALL the pupils in my year and all of the ones in the years above) and I believe a lot of other people knew what they had been up to at least 12 years, prior to that.
                  WHS
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Sorry DA, I don't think he has a point at all, I think he is a complete twat. When you hear about abuse victims suffering life-long psychological trauma due to what happened to them as kids I don't think manning up and giving them a good kicking is likely to happen apart from on the rarest of occasion. Easy to say as an adult who didn't experience it, especially when you have no capacity to think beyond your next kebab and pint.

Comment

Working...
                    X