• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS fails stress test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS fails stress test

So after an epic bail out, and 8 years of QE (bank recapitalising) RBS is still in the tulip.

RBS worst hit in Bank of England stress test - BBC News

What a joke!
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Just double each future bailout, they will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Just double each future bailout, they will be fine.
      "The FSA said that it had found no regulatory fault in the actions of the RBS board or its senior managers and that the bank’s near collapse, an event only prevented by £45bn in direct taxpayer support and several hundred billions of pounds of state-backed loan facilities, was simply the result of “bad decisions”.

There you go no fault just bad decisions, so problem solved.....next.
      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
        "The FSA said that it had found no regulatory fault in the actions of the RBS board or its senior managers and that the bank’s near collapse, an event only prevented by £45bn in direct taxpayer support and several hundred billions of pounds of state-backed loan facilities, was simply the result of “bad decisions”.

There you go no fault just bad decisions, so problem solved.....next.
        At least post-Brexit we'll only have to bail out our own banks. Can you imagine having to bail out the Greeks, Italians, possibly the Portuguese?
        Oh, and where I come from, "bad decisions" mean to get the sack, at the very minimum. Make "bad decisions" which require a £45bn bailout, you go to prison. One might ask what the letters FSA actually stand for? Sweary filters on full please, Cap'n...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It reminds me of the Emporers' clothes....

Until Glass-Steagall is re-implemented thebanks will always be a Ponzi scheme(instead of just the currency).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            It reminds me of the Emporers' clothes....

Until Glass-Steagall is re-implemented thebanks will always be a Ponzi scheme(instead of just the currency).
            How close to the top do you think we are?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              There is no top.

When we all have £1trillion on each of our 15 credit cards, we are 0.1% of the way to the top.

Comment

I have to use RBS once a month. I must say the staff are the most arrogant and rude of any bank
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  When the masses realize there is no point in saving. All you can do is spend.

I think it could well be another generation away. People are so fick....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    There is no top.

When we all have £1trillion on each of our 15 credit cards, we are 0.1% of the way to the top.
                    Is that how Japan works?

Comment

Working...
                    X