• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Housing white paper to be published in January

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Housing white paper to be published in January

Taken from Mortgage Strategy:

A hotly-awaited Government white paper on housing will be published in January, according to Communities Secretary Sajid Javid.

The paper will lay out Goverment plans on tackling the housing crisis. It will also give details on one million new homes that will be built by 2020.

Speaking in the House of Commons yesterday, Javid said: “I am sure that the whole House will welcome the latest official house building numbers showing housing starts at an eight-year high, but there is still a lot more we need to do. T

“That was why last week’s autumn statement contained billions of pounds of funding to get Britain building, and it is why our White Paper, which is due to be published in January, will set out a range of radical plans to boost the housing supply.

“I can also confirm that we will start announcing local growth fund allocations later this week, and I hope to have all the deals announced before Christmas.”

The white paper was expected in November, was then put back til the end of 2016, and has now been delayed again.

Wow, can't wait. Will it say "Housing means housing"?

Comment

Build more houses, have fewer people wanting them.

There you go Billions saved.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Build more houses, have fewer people wanting them.

There you go Billions saved.
        I want them all in my BTL portfolio.

Comment

Working...
        X