• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone fancy a first edition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fancy a first edition

Forget your old iPad - this is the world's most ancient tablet - Daily Record

AND you thought your iPad was getting on a bit...

This has been proved to be the world’s most ancient tablet – and it is said to contain the first written reference to Jesus Christ.

The lead sheets, held together like a ring binder, were branded a fake after they were found in a cave in Jordan in 2008.

But British scientists who analysed the metal confirm they are almost 2000 years old.

Authors David and Jennifer Elkington had the 5in by 4in tablets tested by professors Roger Webb and Chris Jeynes at the University of Surrey.
    At the impolite request of certain posters & Mods I have widened my source to quality newspapers!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

This has been proved to be the world’s most ancient tablet – and it is said to contain the first written reference to Jesus Christ.
    It says, "TO DO: Write new novel, character name to be Jesus Christ, story to be a childs fairy tale".

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      At the impolite request of certain posters & Mods I have widened my source to quality newspapers!
      A proper man wouldn't have folded to this irrelevant amount of pressure. HTH.

Run along and get me a coffee when you've got a moment please.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's fine, but as long as you accept that the "moment" will be after he has done my food shop and collected my dry cleaning
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I thought Ass & Moody would like the Daily record ?

4 sugars and a treble scotch in it as usual?

Comment

And the tablets with the legend of Gilgamesh are less ancient?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              That's fine, but as long as you accept that the "moment" will be after he has done my food shop and collected my dry cleaning
              sorry the dry cleaner said he can't get the stains out

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                And the tablets with the legend of Gilgamesh are less ancient?
                Its the daily record not the Granuaid!

Comment

Working...
                X