• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Victim emerges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Victim emerges

Serena Williams slams inequality, discrimination - CNN.com

Every woman should have an abusive father I say
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Serena Williams slams inequality, discrimination - CNN.com

Every woman should have an abusive father I say
    If women Tennis players want to be treated as the equal of their male counterparts, then they ought to start playing best of 5 in their Grand Slam Tournaments.
    Until they do that then they will always be offering an inferior product in terms of sporting spectacle and value for money.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      If women Tennis players want to be treated as the equal of their male counterparts, then they ought to start playing best of 5 in their Grand Slam Tournaments.
      Until they do that then they will always be offering an inferior product in terms of sporting spectacle and value for money.
      There should simply be one tournament for men and women
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

That would mean that from about tuesday of the first week of Wimbledon fortnight, they could clean the Women's Changing Rooms ready for the next year.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Some of the taller ladies would be fine with that.

The reason women don't play best of 5 is timing.

Also men don't play best of 5 in every tournament and until the semi-finals in some tournaments.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I though she was a man
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I though she was a man
              you will be in trouble for saying that

Comment

I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Also men don't play best of 5 in every tournament and until the semi-finals in some tournaments.
                  I appreciate that, but if women truly want to be treated as equals in Tennis (or in any other Sport) then they ought to fully mirror the men's regime.
                  I am sure the timings issue could be worked out.

Comment

I appreciate that, but if women truly want to be treated as equals in Tennis (or in any other Sport) then they ought to fully mirror the men's regime.
                    I am sure the timings issue could be worked out.
                    As I stated some of the women would be up for it and be able to do it.

A lot of the refusal to allow women to do the same things in sport like men e.g. decathlon, 1500m freestyle swimming , cycling the same distance on the road is the perception from people like Ray Moore that women aren't sturdy enough. The funny thing with the Olympic swimming example is both men and women swim 10KM in open water, but women are unable to swim 1500m in a pool.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X