• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC want me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC want me!

How would you reply

Hope you are well?

We are currently looking for Technical Experts and Architects to join our Security and Architecture team which drives and shapes the HMRC's "Fit for Purpose" IT estate.

This is currently the largest IT & Digital transformation programme in Europe.

We are looking for individuals who are driven and exctited to change the way an organisation interacts and works with over 50,000 employees in over 160 offices UK wide.

Would you be interested in discussing a opportunity like this in more detail? If not please accept this message and we will remove you from our contact list
    (please note it came through LinkedIn so can't send a bag full of burning poo)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

My initial thoughts are:

As much as HMRC are trying to kill freelancing with the IR35 changes in the Autumn statement, I am still only interested in contract positions, although not in the Public Sector.
    I know its not fair taking it out on one of their pimps, but hey they choose the career they deserve

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      My initial thoughts are:

I know its not fair taking it out on one of their pimps, but hey they choose the career they deserve
      Near enough...

My current response is:-

Following the changes announced in the Autumn Statement I am currently only looking at Private Sector contracts....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hang on, can't be for you. It's asking for experts....
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'd spell it out a bit further:-

As much as HMRC are trying to kill freelancing with the IR35 changes in the Autumn statement, I am still only interested in contract positions, although not in the now doomed Public Sector.

edit:
          We need to get the message across that the public sector need contractors and with the AS they won't have them.
          Goose...golden eggs...Goose....cooked...
          Last edited by RSoles; 1 December 2016, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Hang on, can't be for you. It's asking for experts....
            Its Hector, they don't know their arse from their elbow so I can be an expert

Comment

Once public sector appears on your CV, you can forget ever getting a contract in the financial services industry.

Comment

I've had a few public sector roles sent to me by pimps, reply has always been (paraphrased) 'Tell the government to shove it up their ar$e'...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Once public sector appears on your CV, you can forget ever getting a contract in the financial services industry.
                  Is this the case even if you also have financial services industry experience?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Looks at the offers on the table... Are you sure about that?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X