• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Sofa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sofa

Supposed to be delivered yesterday...

was not - no contact from company - although they claimed they tried to contact me Saturday to explain it would not be delivered - but why not send me a text or e-mail like you did to arrange the delivery???

So spoke to them this morning - completely useless

Have posted info on their Facebook page and twitter....

Anyone got any experience with this?

I had the same problem when my piano was delivered. Get a call whilst I'm at client co, saying "We are outside your house with a piano, where are you?" even though I spoke to the vendors and arranged they would email, then call or txt at least an hour before arriving.

Useless feckers!

Comment

You need this support group

Russkies Against Sofa Conveyance Acquisition and Layout
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Indeed - i also then found out that they were only going to deliver the chair and footstool

the 2 sofa's were not going to be delivered and in fact apparently they have lost them

if your business was delivering furniture how do you continually lose things as looking at the inter web it is more common than you would think...

so anyway have thrown old ones out so now the kids have to do the 'slav' as they have nowhere to sit.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

was not - no contact from company - although they claimed they tried to contact me Saturday to explain it would not be delivered - but why not send me a text or e-mail like you did to arrange the delivery???
          Delivery for most companies is outsourced to a delivery partner.

The delivery partner will not be given information to text or email you.

Also never give companies your landline phone number always only a mobile. Why? Then they cannot lie they didn't contact you as if you miss the call it will be in your missed calls even if they hide their number.

So spoke to them this morning - completely useless

Have posted info on their Facebook page and twitter....

Anyone got any experience with this?
          Go on the moneysavingexpert website as they have details on how you should deal with companies that don't turn up.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I had a plumber calling round today to bleed my radiators. f88ker did not turn up. No no chutney in the Indian last night.

I hope my gladiator films turn up tomorrow....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I had a plumber calling round today to bleed my radiators. f88ker did not turn up. No no chutney in the Indian last night.

I hope my gladiator films turn up tomorrow....
              That's because you wiped it on the curtains.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Our bungee cord snapped and we're currently awaiting a replacement....

Comment

Working...
                X