• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Effort - Near Darwin award

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Effort - Near Darwin award

Polish man wakes up in a morgue refrigerator after being declared dead | Daily Mail Online

Dying for a good night out: Polish man wakes up in a morgue refrigerator after being declared dead when he drank too much vodka
    Polish man was declared dead after drinking too much vodka in Poland
    Man, named Kamil, went into cardiac arrest and later pronounced dead
    Paramedics arrived and arranged for him to be taken to a local morgue
    However a guard started to hear noises coming from the freezer door
    He opened it and found the naked man inside who asked him for a blanket
    After being released, the man reportedly went to join his friends at the pub
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

It's in the DailyMail so it must be true.

Comment

Heard that urban myth before. Normally involves a Russian guy.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        It's in the DailyMail so it must be true.
        Metro & Sun as well

From here apparently

Dead Pole went from morgue back to pub

Far more exciting:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/206439...ys-on-the-run/
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It happened to a friend of mine who was an embalmer, in the 1980s. I remember reading about it in the local paper at the time, though it was before I knew him; then I got the story direct from him.

He was working on a body which had been subjected to a post mortem, meaning he was basically putting the organs back inside the torso in such a way that it wouldn't appear lumpy when he stitched it shut, when they got a delivery from the Royal Infirmary of a woman in her eighties who'd been pronounced dead that morning. He told his assistant "Get her ready on the other slab while I finish this one."

His assistant went and opened up the container in which the old woman had arrived, and exclaimed "She's still breathing!"

He said "She can't still be breathing, her heart's in that bucket down there!"

"Not that one, this one" said the assistant. Rushing over, he realised she was right.

He dialled 999 and asked for the ambulance service. He told them "I'm head embalmer at {undertakers}, and I've had a live body sent to me from the Royal Infirmary; we need to get her back there quick."

The call handler took all his details, including asking the phone number of the undertakers and checking it was correct, then made him put the phone down and called back to confirm that it wasn't a hoax. Once they were convinced, an ambulance came rushing and the old woman was whisked back to the Royal.

She ended up making a full recovery and went back home, where she died peacefully in her own bed about four years later.

And that was how an ordinary woman who'd lived an entirely blameless life ended up, in her final years, on the front page of the local newspaper not once, but twice: first when she hadn't actually died, and again when she finally did

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            She ended up making a full recovery and went back home, where she died peacefully in her own bed about four years later. ..
            They must have checked her pulse extra carefully the second time
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X