• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing down limited company - Entrepreneurial Relef

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing down limited company - Entrepreneurial Relef

We know in the current financial year, the first £5,000 of dividends is tax free, then the next £30,000 (approx.) is taxed at 7.5% and the rest at 32.5%.

I am thinking of closing down my limited company and have heard of something called Entrepreneurial Relief, that entitles you to only pay 10% tax.

Can someone please explain if that is indeed the case and if so, how might I go about it?

Thanks

A) A bit of research first might have helped a little. Plenty of information on the web that could have helped you on a few steps

B) General is the wrong place for questions

C) A bit of searching of the forums using the methods in the link below will answer most of your questions
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

D) Have a look at MVLOnline and then give them a call
    Members Voluntary Liquidation | MVL Online®

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have a read a read of this...
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 October 2018, 21:25.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

B) General is the wrong place for questions
        Unless it's embedded in a Daily Mail headline of course.

Comment

Working...
        X