• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One of Rumsfeld's classics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of Rumsfeld's classics

An actual quote :

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know. "

Always makes me laugh. Good riddance.

It sounds perfectly clear to me. His mistake was trying to explain it to plebs.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy with the bowtie
      An actual quote :

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know. "

Always makes me laugh. Good riddance.
      Makes perfect sense to me. But not as good as the quote from Robert McCloskey of State Dept

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"

Comment

I reckon The Unknown Unknowns would be a great band name. Well, early on in their career anyway.

Comment

You guys simply do not get the Iraq War.

Donald

Comment

My favorite Rumsfield quote was soemthing he said about Bin laden which went along the lines of (and I am paraphrasing here): "our sources tell us that Bin laden is either in Afganistan, some other country or dead".

Comment

And people say politicians never give a complete answer.
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Give the guy a break. If Socrates had said that in the Theaetetus, everybody would have called him a genius.

Comment

Working...
                X