• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italy - what next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy - what next?

Italy referendum: PM Matteo Renzi resigns after clear defeat - BBC News

Will they finally leave the Euro get the devaluation they desperately need?

Does Italy have lawyers?

That's a no then.

Comment

This would be an interesting experiment, but I suspect knowing that their savings might be wiped out they're not going to vote for it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

They will buy some new shoes and a matching man bag, sit in a traffic jam of fiats blaring their horns before returning home to mama for some spaghetti.

And nothing much else will change.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          This would be an interesting experiment, but I suspect knowing that their savings might be wiped out they're not going to vote for it.

You got the job then?

progetto di consulente di paura

well done!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            You got the job then?

progetto di consulente di paura

well done!
            There's as much chance of Italy leaving the Euro as there is of the UK actually leaving the EU.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-quicktake-q-a

Italy won't leave the Euro it'll just get mired in an awfully complicated constitutional and judicial process, not that it will get as far as a referendum.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Most Italians keep their money abroad. Like the Greeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Most Italians keep their money abroad. Like the Greeks.
                Which is why the Italian banking system is teetering on the edge of the chasm.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Will they finally leave the Euro get the devaluation they desperately need?
                  No. Although I read this morning that the German finance minister is (again) threatening to kick Greece out of the Euro.

Comment

There's as much chance of Italy leaving the Euro as there is of the UK actually leaving the EU.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-quicktake-q-a

Italy won't leave the Euro it'll just get mired in an awfully complicated constitutional and judicial process, not that it will get as far as a referendum.

I bet you must fu to work with in a change management environment.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X