• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO Eek

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM FAO Eek

If you were wanting to get to Heathrow from Durham (without driving) how would you do it? Train to KGX and schlep across London? NCL->LHR via plane?

We have a mid-afternoon flight on a Saturday, getting to KGX is very easy but getting to the airport is less obvious...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

https://www.heathrowexpress.com/

Circle or Hammersmith & City line to Paddington, then use the above.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Cheers. KGX<->PADD is a journey I know well from using the Cornish Sleeper. And I know the Airport Express trains are pretty good when you have cases and stuff.

If you buy a train ticket e.g. Durham - Heathrow which includes an Express ticket, is that tied to a particular time or can you go any time that day? The train sites tend to leave larger gaps than are needed but buying the various tickets separately is more faff and I think you save getting the underground connection included with your journey.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        If you were wanting to get to Heathrow from Durham (without driving) how would you do it? Train to KGX and schlep across London? NCL->LHR via plane?

We have a mid-afternoon flight on a Saturday, getting to KGX is very easy but getting to the airport is less obvious...
        If flying BA I've always got flights from Newcastle as its cheaper than the other options.

Otherwise yep its train to Kings Cross and Piccadilly line to Heathrow.

Edit - Actually looking at the price of flights to Heathrow just fly from Newcastle its cheaper than tickets on East Coast...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'd tell the butler where I want to go as I step on to the back of the car. He would inform the driver and jobs done. Easy.

HTH
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I am sure there is a refugee boat leaving from the Thames estuary pretty soon.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I'd tell the butler where I want to go as I step on to the back of the car. He would inform the driver and jobs done. Easy.

HTH
              The actual answer for me is slightly more complex...

If you can fly direct, Newcastle Leeds Manchester (in that order).

Fly indirectly America - Newcastle via Dublin, then Newcastle via London

Fly indirectly elsewhere Durham via Amsterdam, Newcastle via London

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                If flying BA I've always got flights from Newcastle as its cheaper than the other options.

Otherwise yep its train to Kings Cross and Piccadilly line to Heathrow.

Edit - Actually looking at the price of flights to Heathrow just fly from Newcastle its cheaper than tickets on East Coast...
                What prices did you see out of interest? Obviously is very date dependent but I'm curious.

I never flew from Leeds, what's the airport like and can you get a train to the airport like you can Manc?

Comment

Cheers. KGX<->PADD is a journey I know well from using the Cornish Sleeper. And I know the Airport Express trains are pretty good when you have cases and stuff.

If you buy a train ticket e.g. Durham - Heathrow which includes an Express ticket, is that tied to a particular time or can you go any time that day? The train sites tend to leave larger gaps than are needed but buying the various tickets separately is more faff and I think you save getting the underground connection included with your journey.
                  Your ticket would be £22, valid on the day at any time (up to about 8:30 at night on a weekend).
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

What prices did you see out of interest? Obviously is very date dependent but I'm curious.

I never flew from Leeds, what's the airport like and can you get a train to the airport like you can Manc?
                    The ones I saw where from £128 return - Sat 7th Jan returning 14th.

Comment

Working...
                    X