• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carnage talks about poor people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carney warns about popular disillusion with capitalism - BBC News

The Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has warned that people will turn their backs on free and open markets unless something is done to help those left behind by the financial crisis.

In a speech, he said: "Globalisation is associated with low wages, insecure employment, stateless corporations and striking inequalities."

In many advanced economies there are "staggering wealth inequalities," he added.
    He then went on to lend the banks a trillion £££ at -5% interest rate and said "don't worry about paying it back, I'll stick it on the national debt and let the wage slaves worry about it."

People are getting fed up with increasing inequality.

Comment

My reaction to his comments, "no tulip Sherlock".

That he is only saying this now shows how breathtakingly out of touch he is.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        My reaction to his comments, "no tulip Sherlock".

That he is only saying this now shows how breathtakingly out of touch he is.
        Well he is a rich Canadian.

Remember he's not part of British society, he's rich and he's in a job where he get chauffeured around so he never has to mix with normal British folk.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Remember he's not part of British society, he's rich and he's in a job where he get chauffeured around so he never has to mix with normal British folk.
          That sounds like London to me.

Comment

That sounds like London to me.
            Nope it's not like London.

Most people in London use public transport as if you try and drive to central London you will get stuck in traffic. This means you have to mix with all sorts of people including the cleaners who take the papers of the tube/train. And when the tube/train fecks up or you collapse you end up talking to anyone from any walk of life.

Also London and the bigger cities have more immigrants from both the EU and around the world. So part of the reason we voted remain is that we don't see them all as an "other" to be feared even if some groups are annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Nope it's not like London.

Most people in London use public transport as if you try and drive to central London you will get stuck in traffic. This means you have to mix with all sorts of people including the cleaners who take the papers of the tube/train. And when the tube/train fecks up or you collapse you end up talking to anyone from any walk of life.

Also London and the bigger cities have more immigrants from both the EU and around the world. So part of the reason we voted remain is that we don't see them all as an "other" to be feared even if some groups are annoying.
              Sounds wonderful.

Last time I was on the tube I had to let three pass because I couldn't get on, then had to ram myself onto the fourth one (or else I wasn't going anywhere). I was literally standing with my face in someone else's armpit. The B/O was off the chart. I was keeping it together, and then the tube broke down and I was stuck there like that for 20min.

It does seem a bit dangerous to allow such Sardining.

Comment

Sounds wonderful.

Last time I was on the tube I had to let three pass because I couldn't get on, then had to ram myself onto the fourth one (or else I wasn't going anywhere). I was literally standing with my face in someone else's armpit. The B/O was off the chart. I was keeping it together, and then the tube broke down and I was stuck there for 20min.

It does seem a bit dangerous to allow such Sardining.

You either:
                1. Deal with it.
                2. Use another station or travel earlier/later to avoid it
                3. Use a bus or bike

Oh and that's one of the reasons Londoners don't talk on public transport.

Comment

Good old Carney, a real man of the people

Bank of England governor Mark Carney earned £879,773 last year, the Bank of England reported today.

That figure is half again as much as the £586,010 he earned in 2013/14; however, it also represents the first time he has taken his full pay after he took on the role in July 2013.
                  in 2013 Carney's salary - which includes a £5,000-a-week housing allowance - was heavily criticised by Commons Treasury Committee chief Andrew Tyrie.

"Your current pay in sterling terms is around total remuneration of a third of a million pounds and your total remuneration is going to be in excess of £800,000," he said.

"That's a rather large rise bearing in mind that there is a pay freeze on at the bank.
                  Bank of England governor Mark Carney's earned £880k last year | City A.M.

They are believed to be renting out their house in Canada for around £1,000 a week.
                  Bank of England Governor settles on £3m London home - Telegraph
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Good old Carney, a real man of the people
                    He's certainly not as in touch with the ordinary working man as say Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson or Donald Trump.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X