• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IOT Tampons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IOT Tampons

https://hackaday.com/2016/12/06/the-...et-of-tampons/

At the 2016 Hackaday Superconference, Amanda Brief and Jacob McEntire gave a talk on what they’ve been working on for the past few years. It’s My.Flow, the world’s first tampon monitor capable of tracking saturation, and eliminating anxiety, leakage, and infection. It’s better than a traditional tampon, and it’s one of the rare Internet of Things things that actually makes sense.
    interesting
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

We are all suppose to be using reusable sanitary protection like moon cups to save the environment. As these types of sanitary protection are far less likely to leak, it seems they are creating a product for the developed world that is only useful as a medical device.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        We are all suppose to be using reusable sanitary protection like moon cups to save the environment. As these types of sanitary protection are far less likely to leak, it seems they are creating a product for the developed world that is only useful as a medical device.
        so we are going to learn more about menstruation via these intelligent devices.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          so we are going to learn more about menstruation via these intelligent devices.
          Yep.

So instead of saying x is normal they can measure it and work out what variations are actually "normal".
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Yep.

So instead of saying x is normal they can measure it and work out what variations are actually "normal".
            could well provide valuable information times,flow,time shape of flow, temperature, ph etc.

Comment

Can the same technology be applied to toilet paper?

As I have to see a Gastroenterologist every 6 months it would be quite useful if I could take along a print out of my bowel movements.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Can the same technology be applied to toilet paper?

As I have to see a Gastroenterologist every 6 months it would be quite useful if I could take along a print out of my bowel movements.
                Possibly but would need to be attached to stop it coming out.

Swallowable cameras are a thing now. About £500 last I looked.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Swallowable cameras are a thing now.
                  Yummmm....

Comment

IoT is for *****.

Comment

Working...
                    X