• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISC2 / CISSP - professional membership fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISC2 / CISSP - professional membership fee

I am a member of ISC2 via my CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) credential. As well as CPEs I need to pay AMFs of $85 a year - this was covered by my employer in past years. I was presuming I would similarly be allowed to pay the annual membership fee via my limited company this year as it is wholly appropriate for my role as an IT Security consultant, but I couldn't find IS2 listed on the HMRC official list of approved bodies.

Has anyone else with an ISC2 credential put their AMFs through their limited co?

Originally posted by lionheart79 View Post
    I am a member of ISC2 via my CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) credential. As well as CPEs I need to pay AMFs of $85 a year - this was covered by my employer in past years. I was presuming I would similarly be allowed to pay the annual membership fee via my limited company this year as it is wholly appropriate for my role as an IT Security consultant, but I couldn't find IS2 listed on the HMRC official list of approved bodies.

Has anyone else with an ISC2 credential put their AMFs through their limited co?
    You can put it through the company but the company cannot claim corporation tax relief on it.

You're accountant should be able to clarify what is and isn't eligible for such relief.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      You can put it through the company but the company cannot claim corporation tax relief on it.

You're accountant should be able to clarify what is and isn't eligible for such relief.
      ok thanks - will do.

Comment

Working...
      X