• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here comes the crash!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes the crash!

Revealed: the full shocking extent of the buy-to-let market collapse
    The number of properties sold to buy-to-let investors has fallen 63.7pc in the year to November in England and Wales, according to the estate agency Haart, dropping 8.2pc last month alone. In London, the number of such properties sold fell by 40pc.

It also reported that the number of landlords registering to buy properties is down 59.2pc annually.

The poor little mites.

My heart pumps custard for them

Comment

lets hope it doesn't bleed too much for those whose rent soars (just think you are subsidising housing benefit) and can't find accomodation. Few of them will be able to afford to buy the properties.

The 'spare houses' will be bought by speculators. Housing stock will reduce.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        lets hope it doesn't bleed too much for those whose rent soars (just think you are subsidising housing benefit) and can't find accomodation. Few of them will be able to afford to buy the properties.

The 'spare houses' will be bought by speculators. Housing stock will reduce.
        The government won't admit that it's flawed policy impacts tenants the most: they will be the ones who ultimately suffer the burden of these extra costs. Increased costs of business are always passed on so far as the market will absorb them, and at this time there is massive rental demand.

This 3% SLDT nonsense is nothing compared to what the new Section 24 tax will add to tenant's bills. You would have thought that the government could learn from Ireland's failed implementation of this tax.

Comment

Had no problem selling 2 BTLS over August and September.
          main house isn't shifting though ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Had no problem selling 2 BTLS over August and September.

main house isn't shifting though ...
            How come you're selling everything? Falling on hard times? Oh dear
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              How come you're selling everything? Falling on hard times? Oh dear
              NLYUK is charging him extra for his 'special preferences' even MF won't do them unless there is lots of cash on offer.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                How come you're selling everything? Falling on hard times?
                On the contrary, times couldn't be better.
                Sold BTLs to have a fighting fund for whatever Brexit brings.
                Selling main house to profit-take (renovated an old house) and move more centrally, having had enough of leafy suburbia, need somewhere with more life.
                None of them have a mortgage.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

This reminds me of those winkers that sold up before the millenuim and bought a smallholding in Scotland from where they could ride out the zombie apocalypse.

I wonder what happened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    This reminds me of those winkers that sold up before the millenuim and bought a smallholding in Scotland from where they could ride out the zombie apocalypse.

I wonder what happened to them.
                    I'm still here
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X