• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man hurt in 'bumfire night' prank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man hurt in 'bumfire night' prank

http://www.itv.com/news/britain_ce19...c9a80c923.html
    A man is recovering in hospital from serious internal injures after launching a firework from his backside.

The 22-year-old suffered a scorched colon and other injuries in the incident in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear.

The prank, involving a Black Cat Thunderbolt Rocket, was captured by a gang of youths and the fuzzy mobile phone footage shows a blinding white flash followed by hysterical laughter.

A spokeswoman for the North East Ambulance Service said: "We received a call stating there was a male who had a firework in his bottom and it was bleeding.

"He was attended to and taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital."

Safety experts warned that misusing the explosives in such a senseless way can have serious consequences.

A spokesman for the Firework Association, said he had never heard of an incident like it in 45 years.

He added: "This sort of thing is beyond belief. We have spent a long time working with the Government to create laws that make fireworks safer and better for the public.

"This incident is very concerning but hopefully an isolated one."
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Dunno about the firework being called the 'Black Cat Thunderbolt Rocket'

Perhaps they should rename it to 'The Ring Wrecker'

Comment

... this does not surprise me.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Another missed opportunity to clean up the shallow end of the gene pool...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

what an a$$hole!

Comment

FFS. I hope he gets a hefty bill from the ambulance service.

Comment

He added: "This sort of thing is beyond belief. We have spent a long time working with the Government to create laws that make fireworks safer and better for the public.
              There you go - a classic example - ditch the HSE laws, adverts, save a stack load of cash and let mother nature do the rest. It's cheaper and more effective.

The liebour government and regulation != the natural world
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                Another missed opportunity to clean up the shallow end of the gene pool...

I'm annoyed I let this one slip by
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  I'm annoyed I let this one slip by
                  Why? Mordy's right

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                    Why? Mordy's right
                    If the "cleaning of the gene pool" referred to those dense enough to stick a rocket (named after their football team) up their arse, then yes I agree.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X