• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dbs nsv sc clearance application status completed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dbs nsv sc clearance application status completed

The online portal for my sc clearance application now states 'completed'. Does this mean it's been granted?

The sponsor won't/can't confirm until they receive written notification in the post but I'm a bit eager to find out as I have another offer of employment which I need to accept by tuesday

Originally posted by Welly59 View Post
    The online portal for my sc clearance application now states 'completed'. Does this mean it's been granted?

The sponsor won't/can't confirm until they receive written notification in the post but I'm a bit eager to find out as I have another offer of employment which I need to accept by tuesday
    No - it means they've completed the application, that's all.

Comment

1) You are being sponsored for SC but you intend to ditch them for another client as soon as it arrives? That's what I read anyway. Not wise.

2) Employment? This is a contractor forum you know?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If an offer is dependant on clearance being granted then I feel it would be a bit silly to turn down other offers during the waiting process just because an application was in progress

Comment

They are spending quite a lot to get your clearance. It's safe to say they want you. You're probably being premature unless you think you'll not get clearance.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Quick update if anyone's interested. I called the nsv contact centre who confirmed that clearance had been granted and that they would send notification to the sponsor via 2nd class post. Sponsor is still to receive the notification letter.

Has anyone else got experience in a delay in this part of the process?

Comment

Quick update if anyone's interested. I called the nsv contact centre who confirmed that clearance had been granted and that they would send notification to the sponsor via 2nd class post. Sponsor is still to receive the notification letter.

Has anyone else got experience in a delay in this part of the process?
              What? Waiting for a 2nd class letter? No, the Butler hand delivers all my post. HTH
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                What? Waiting for a 2nd class letter? No, the Butler hand delivers all my post. HTH
                Dann I knew I was being short changed somewhere! Seriously though, the Application is submitted online, sponsor has access to online submission portal, but notification is sent via 2nd class post. Wth

Comment

They confirmed to the client via e-mail when I got it.

Comment

Hmm. I'll give it until early next week and chase it up again

Comment

Working...
                    X