PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Party - Leeds 08/12/2017

Pages : [1] 2

SimonMac
10th December 2016, 13:51
As last nights hangover fades we can look forward to next years, which has been decided to take place on 8th December 2017 in LEEDS, for those who don't know where that is head north until you see flat caps, whippets and beer that's less then £3 a pint!

http://www.brewerytapleeds.co.uk/

18-24 New Station St, Leeds LS1 5DL

A few select near by hotels for each and everyones budget

Suity - IBIS Budget (15 min walking distance) is £29 (http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-6002-ibis-budget-leeds-centre/index.shtml)

Eek - Discovery Inn, is right below thePub, £55 (http://discovery-inn-leeds.co.uk/)

NorthernLadyUK - Cosmopolitan, just off the Calls and convenient for The New Penny, a colourful local establishment £69 (http://www.peelhotels.co.uk/hotels/cosmopolitan-hotel-leeds-yorkshire-england/)

Mudskipper - Queens Hotel, next to the station £86 (https://www.qhotels.co.uk/our-locations/the-queens/)

IN
Me
Mrs Mac
DaveB
Mrs DaveB
Eek
Mrs Eek
BarryDidIt
NickFitz
AntMan
CovBob
Osacrose
LadyMuck

Maybe
LondonManc
TheFaqqer + Mrs
Mudskipper

I am sure we can convince Cojak to come, and if admin is visiting the outlaws him too!

It's booked for 20 and I am sure we can get the numbers up near that target

So hopefully 15 + maybes from MudSkipper and TheFaqqer's?

Menu from the place is up, thinking just getting a shed load of buffet food is a better bet and those who want to gamble ordering something on the night can do so?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb2f0hnj2r...0Menu.pdf?dl=0

Further updates here:
http://forums.contractoruk.com/social-events/118258-christmas-party-leeds-08-12-2017-a-19.html#post2495055

TheFaQQer
10th December 2016, 13:58
I think I'm washing my hair that night

SueEllen
10th December 2016, 16:50
I'm washing my beard.

barrydidit
12th December 2016, 13:05
I have asked my accountant and will get back to y'all.

TestMangler
12th December 2016, 13:33
I'm washing my beard.

About fkn time........

SimonMac
12th December 2016, 13:40
I'm bleaching my moustache.

FTFY

ladymuck
12th December 2016, 14:48
Contracting will be dead by then anyway

MrMarkyMark
12th December 2016, 14:54
Leeds, you say, which airport do I leave from and what visa do I need to get :laugh

ladymuck
12th December 2016, 15:07
Leeds, you say, which airport do I leave from and what visa do I need to get :laugh

Good point. My Donny-based mate once issued me with a letter proving that I had been invited by a local so I could safely enter God's own county and not be burned alive for being a witch. I should check I still have it.

eek
12th December 2016, 15:20

Not quite. Think it may be more interesting though....

ladymuck
12th December 2016, 15:30
Not quite. Think it may be more interesting though....

Chinese proverb style interesting?

SueEllen
12th December 2016, 16:18
FTFY

Another term for it is "tending my garden" NOT moustache.

eek
14th December 2016, 09:20
@Simonmac, as you are organising it I take it you are booking upstairs at the Brewery Tap....

SimonMac
14th December 2016, 09:56
@Simonmac, as you are organising it I take it you are booking upstairs at the Brewery Tap....

I guess I am organising it, not gonna ask about booking as its mental for this years do's still, if Brewery Tap can be booked it will be there.

eek
14th December 2016, 10:14
I guess I am organising it, not gonna ask about booking as its mental for this years do's still, if Brewery Tap can be booked it will be there.

That was more because I'm rarely in Leeds (next time is probably Feb 18) and therefore wanted someone more local doing it.

barrydidit
14th December 2016, 12:54
That was more because I'm rarely in Leeds (next time is probably Feb 18) and therefore wanted someone more local doing it.

Remarkably precise prediction from this far out. Have you got some sort of restraining order lapsing around that time or something?

MrMarkyMark
14th December 2016, 12:56
Remarkably precise prediction from this far out. Have you got some sort of restraining order lapsing around that time or something?

Getting his ankle tag changed :smile

eek
14th December 2016, 13:34

Nope concert at first direct arena

SimonMac
14th December 2016, 14:31
Nope concert at first direct arena

Pet Shop Boys?

eek
14th December 2016, 15:00
Pet Shop Boys?

One of Mrs Eek's favourite bands. It's a family outing including friends from Belfast...

barrydidit
14th December 2016, 15:15
Still a long time off that though. Given the carnage this year, I hope you paid extra for the celebrity death insurance option.

eek
7th March 2017, 23:41
bump to see if SimonMac has sorted things yet...

SimonMac
20th March 2017, 10:04
bump to see if SimonMac has sorted things yet...

Erm..... :D

Rough show off hands and I'll speak to Brewers Tap while I'm benched at the moment

DaveB
20th March 2017, 10:13
Erm..... :D

Rough show off hands and I'll speak to Brewers Tap while I'm benched at the moment

:wave:

eek
20th March 2017, 13:28
:wave:

+1 (possibly 2 if there are others for Mrs Eek to talk to)..

Just book upstairs we will either fill it or have to pay a few more quid each - neither is going to be a problem...

DaveB
20th March 2017, 15:11
+1 (possibly 2 if there are others for Mrs Eek to talk to)..

Just book upstairs we will either fill it or have to pay a few more quid each - neither is going to be a problem...

MrsB will no doubt be in attendance.

LondonManc
20th March 2017, 15:17
+1 on the maybe list

barrydidit
20th March 2017, 16:39
Me!

NickFitz
20th March 2017, 16:39
I'm in :cheers:

Antman
20th March 2017, 18:00
In

covbob
21st March 2017, 11:13
In.

ladymuck
23rd April 2017, 18:46
I've never been to Leeds; would this be a good intro for a southern softie?

SueEllen
23rd April 2017, 22:19
I've never been to Leeds; would this be a good intro for a southern softie?

Maybe

ladymuck
24th April 2017, 12:43
Maybe

:rollin:

SueEllen
24th April 2017, 13:55
:rollin:

Like with everyone in the world some Northerners are nice and others aren't.

However as I lived the other side of the Pennines for a few years many moons ago I prefer people from that side.

oscarose
26th April 2017, 10:05
Count me in!

Scabby taps? :emb

Close to the train station etc

barrydidit
26th April 2017, 10:16
Count me in!

Scabby taps? :emb

Close to the train station etc

Leeds brewery tap. NOT the scabby taps. Still close to the train station though.

The Brewery Tap (http://www.brewerytapleeds.co.uk/)

oscarose
26th April 2017, 10:24
Leeds brewery tap. NOT the scabby taps. Still close to the train station though.

Excellent. A change of scenery :emb

It's in the diary. See you all there :happy

SimonMac
6th May 2017, 20:40
Finally got confirmation through, they are calling me all sorts of names under the sun because I'm making them think about Christmas in May (well even before that even when I first spoke to them).

Deposit put down for the 8th Brewery Tap, Leeds, next to the Train Station

Once they get their arse into gear about Christmas menus etc I'll come back with more, but they were talking about a buffet type set up so might be easiest as we are all really only there for the beer anyway!

SimonMac
6th May 2017, 20:58
Like with everyone in the world some Northerners are nice and others aren't.

However as I lived the other side of the Pennines for a few years many moons ago I prefer people from that side.

You coming then seeing as you know the way already?!

SimonMac
25th June 2017, 11:30
Deposit paid today, closer to the time we can sort out if we want to order food (buffet style) but they've not got round to thinking about what they are planning for that yet!

mudskipper
26th June 2017, 11:53
As last nights hangover fades we can look forward to next years, which has been decided to take place on 8th December 2017 in LEEDS, for those who don't know where that is head north until you see flat caps, whippets and beer that's less then £3 a pint!

18-24 New Station St, Leeds LS1 5DL

A few select near by hotels for each and everyones budget

Suity - IBIS Budget (15 min walking distance) is £29 (http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-6002-ibis-budget-leeds-centre/index.shtml)

Eek - Discovery Inn, is right below thePub, £55 (http://discovery-inn-leeds.co.uk/)

NorthernLadyUK - Cosmopolitan, just off the Calls and convenient for The New Penny, a colourful local establishment £69 (http://www.peelhotels.co.uk/hotels/cosmopolitan-hotel-leeds-yorkshire-england/)

Mudskipper - Queens Hotel, next to the station £86 (https://www.qhotels.co.uk/our-locations/the-queens/)

IN
Me
Mrs Mac
DaveB
Mrs DaveB
Eek
Mrs Eek
BarryDidIt
NickFitz
AntMan
CovBob
Mudskipper
Osacrose

Maybe
LadyMuck
LondonManc
TheFaqqer + Mrs

I am sure we can convince Cojak to come, and if admin is visiting the outlaws him too!

It's booked for 20 and I am sure we can get the numbers up near that target
I'm a maybe - depends whether it clashes with 'family lunch'. Don't believe I would have said I was a definite, but icbw.

TheFaQQer
26th June 2017, 12:06
Deposit put down for the 8th Brewery Tap, Leeds, next to the Train Station

Deposit paid today

Two deposits?

SimonMac
26th June 2017, 13:53
Two deposits?

Well yeah sorta, the first time I had them flustered as they had no idea what they were going to do for Xmas parties, so stuck a deposit just to hold it, another was put down at the weekend for room hire, and if we decided to order any food/buffet (they still haven't worked out menus etc) that will come off what ever we pre-order

SimonMac
26th June 2017, 13:54
I'm a maybe - depends whether it clashes with 'family lunch'. Don't believe I would have said I was a definite, but icbw.

No worries, won't assume anything until we are sat down with a pint :)

eek
26th June 2017, 15:53

Only 2 hours to Leeds by train. Leave at 4 and you could be drinking a pint at 6:05

mudskipper
3rd July 2017, 11:29
Only 2 hours to Leeds by train. Leave at 4 and you could be drinking a pint at 6:05

Depends on your starting point, shirley? Or is it 2 hours from everywhere?

BrilloPad
3rd July 2017, 11:32
Depends on your starting point, shirley? Or is it 2 hours from everywhere?

Leeds is 2 hours from anywhere. And why aren't you sorting out the London summer meet up? :confused:

ladymuck
3rd July 2017, 20:49
Well I booked my hotel room ages ago and have been monitoring flight prices. Whilst I could get the train, I may need the points to retain BAEC silver

SueEllen
3rd July 2017, 21:16
Leeds is 2 hours from anywhere.

No it isn't!

Though least it isn't always raining there unlike Manchester.

SimonMac
4th July 2017, 07:56
Well I booked my hotel room ages ago and have been monitoring flight prices. Whilst I could get the train, I may need the points to retain BAEC silver

Train station is next to the pub, t'airport is bloody miles away with no direct transport links, I would take a trip to a weekend in Glasgow if you want the points and then get the train instead for the xmas do

barrydidit
13th July 2017, 08:18
I had a pint of Midnight Bell in here the other night, and very nice it was too. I have to say though, they didn't look as though they were gearing up for the CUK Christmas bash - I was expecting a full refurb to be underway by now. Are you SURE it's booked? Maybe a third deposit would help?

stek
13th July 2017, 09:08
Train station is next to the pub, t'airport is bloody miles away with no direct transport links, I would take a trip to a weekend in Glasgow if you want the points and then get the train instead for the xmas do

757 bus takes you from airport to town..

northernladuk
17th July 2017, 12:44
Are any mods or admins coming to the Leeds do?

BrilloPad
17th July 2017, 13:38

Do you want to argue about infraction points? :confused:

WTFH
17th July 2017, 14:07

Sorry for not replying sooner, my accountant was busy. It appears I can't put it on expenses, so no.

WTFH
17th July 2017, 14:10

You two cannot argue that until we've finished the update of the database. Admin never planned for more than 100.

ALTER TABLE [Users]
ALTER COLUMN [Infractions] NUMERIC (12,0) NOT NULL

northernladuk
17th July 2017, 14:25

Not at all. After so many bans, infractions and mails from admin asking if I could kindly **** off it was nice to meet them at the last meet and hear them say they didn't mean it really and it was a pleasure having me posting on the forums. It was really uplifting.

DaveB
17th July 2017, 14:27
Not at all. After so many bans, infractions and mails from admin asking if I could kindly **** off it was nice to meet them at the last meet and hear them say they didn't mean it really and it was a pleasure having me posting on the forums. It was really uplifting.

Yes, but that was the Caravanners UK forum meet, not Contractors UK.

oscarose
17th July 2017, 14:28
......if I could kindly **** off, it will be really uplifting.

+1

Yes please :smokin

northernladuk
17th July 2017, 14:28
Yes, but that was the Caravanners UK forum meet, not Contractors UK.

It was? Feck me. I bought a round as well......

northernladuk
17th July 2017, 14:29
+1

Yes please :smokin

Dat's not nice.

oscarose
17th July 2017, 14:30
Dat's not nice.

:hug:

Poor etiquette on my part. This isn't in 'general'.

TheFaQQer
17th July 2017, 14:36
I bought a round as well......

It's lines like this that make us doubt the accuracy of anything else in the story.

eek
17th July 2017, 15:19
It's lines like this that make us doubt the accuracy of anything else in the story.

+1. I'm sure NLUK has bought me a drink but when I think back everything is hazy.....

MrMarkyMark
17th July 2017, 16:29
FTFY

+1. I'm sure NLUK has bought me a drink, out of the change I drunkenly left on the table, but when I think back everything is hazy.....

mudskipper
18th July 2017, 11:48
It was? Feck me. I bought a round as well......

Definitely not the CUK Christmas do then.

WTFH
18th July 2017, 11:55
+1. I'm sure NLUK has bought me a drink but when I think back everything is hazy.....

He has that affect on people - I take my glasses off in his presence as well. He looks almost human when he's out of focus.

DaveB
18th July 2017, 12:00

It was NLYUK and that was the Rohypnol.

oscarose
18th July 2017, 12:01
Will see you folks there :wave:.

I'll buy NorthernLad a beer, anything to cheer him up :glasses

northernladuk
18th July 2017, 12:06

I'd rather have a tap water and the 4 quid please.

barrydidit
18th July 2017, 12:33

A bold offer, I would suggest.

MrMarkyMark
18th July 2017, 12:37
A bold offer, I would suggest.

Could prove expensive too, I would wager :eyes

barrydidit
18th July 2017, 12:44
Could prove expensive too, I would wager :eyes

Very;

Emergency transport home.
Dry cleaning.
Time off contract whilst having counselling.
Bribing the household staff to keep quiet.

ladymuck
18th July 2017, 19:42
...I would take a trip to a weekend in Glasgow if you want the points ...

Well... :freaky:

northernladuk
18th July 2017, 20:54
Do we have to do secret santa or is that just a southern thing where they have enough money to fritter away on random tat?

WTFH
18th July 2017, 21:48
Do we have to do secret santa or is that just a southern thing where they have enough money to fritter away on random tat?

I've got you an infraction for Christmas.

eek
19th July 2017, 10:30
I've got you an infraction for Christmas.

Why save it to Christmas?

WTFH
19th July 2017, 11:06
Why save it to Christmas?

Well, it's a Christmas one, that's why. It's not he's going to avoid "non Christmas" ones before then.

eek
19th July 2017, 11:30
Well, it's a Christmas one, that's why. It's not he's going to avoid "non Christmas" ones before then.

Mrs Eek tried to get the Christmas tree out from the loft on Sunday. If she is happy to celebrate Christmas in July I see little reason not to share Christmas "joy" now...

ladymuck
19th July 2017, 18:05
Poundshop tat should be fine. I hear there's plenty of them type shops in the Northern Powerhouse

SimonMac
20th July 2017, 19:09

We will have a Secret Santa up here, but given you can get a two bedroom terrance house for £5 your money goes further up here

SimonMac
20th July 2017, 19:10
Poundshop tat should be fine. I hear there's plenty of them type shops in the Northern Powerhouse

A pound shop! Not bloody likely paying those sky high prices

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cb/a4/58/cba4585b29ad8be780ba8d6a98ac5d13--mr-men-books-childrens-books.jpg

SimonMac
21st July 2017, 09:10
http://leedsbars.co.uk/dirty-martini-coming-to-leeds

Leeds is the place to be it seems

SimonMac
1st August 2017, 08:28
As it's Yorkshire Day the county is getting ready for the influx thanks to the CUK Xmas Party

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/dc/c4/03/dcc40344b699500e8b664799ade0b2fb.jpg

northernladuk
1st August 2017, 08:52
That sign is wrong.

BrilloPad
1st August 2017, 09:10
That sign is wrong.

In what way? :confused:

WTFH
1st August 2017, 09:11
In what way? :confused:

The word "No" has been spelled "Some"

northernladuk
1st August 2017, 09:31
I can forgive them dropping 'shandy drinking shirt lifting southern pooftahs' as it's a bit long and maybe not quite PC but 'some' is disgraceful.

oscarose
1st August 2017, 10:14
As it's Yorkshire Day the county is getting ready for the influx thanks to the CUK Xmas Party

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/dc/c4/03/dcc40344b699500e8b664799ade0b2fb.jpg

:smokin

+1

barrydidit
1st August 2017, 12:17
I can forgive them dropping 'shandy drinking shirt lifting southern pooftahs' as it's a bit long and maybe not quite PC but 'some' is disgraceful.

I think the 'some' was cheaper than all other alternatives. I am therefore supportive of the sign.

And the google doodle

https://www.askideas.com/media/52/Google-Doodle-For-Yorkshire-Day.jpg

oscarose
2nd August 2017, 08:19
https://www.askideas.com/media/52/Google-Doodle-For-Yorkshire-Day.jpg

+1 :smokin

oliverson
3rd August 2017, 14:24
I think I might be able to makes this one (thanks to NorthernladUK for pointing it out)!

northernladuk
3rd August 2017, 15:19
I think I might be able to makes this one (thanks to NorthernladUK for pointing it out)!

You are welcome. It's only the first meet a newbie has to buy all the drinks for the night. It will be someone else's turn next time ;)

oliverson
3rd August 2017, 19:48
You are welcome. It's only the first meet a newbie has to buy all the drinks for the night. It will be someone else's turn next time ;)

No problem. I'm making so much money I have no idea what to do with it.

BrilloPad
3rd August 2017, 19:52
No problem. I'm making so much money I have no idea what to do with it.

Ask your butler for some ideas.

SimonMac
4th August 2017, 08:41

Of course some southerns are welcome, Barnsley, Sheffield and Doncaster are all in SOUTH Yorkshire

oscarose
4th August 2017, 14:52
I'll be breaking my cherry too...:smokin

NickFitz
4th August 2017, 17:28
Anybody been sorting out hotels yet? Any recommendations, or should I just do my usual thing of booking the nearest Premier Inn?

EDIT: although having said that, I might be tempted to splash out on the Queens next door to the station… there's some COTBAC advance rates available there :smokin

northernladuk
4th August 2017, 17:49
We gonna top and tail again NF?

NickFitz
4th August 2017, 18:06
We gonna top and tail again NF?

I daresay one of the spare rooms in my suite could be made available :smokin

SimonMac
4th August 2017, 20:02
Anybody been sorting out hotels yet? Any recommendations, or should I just do my usual thing of booking the nearest Premier Inn?

EDIT: although having said that, I might be tempted to splash out on the Queens next door to the station… there's some COTBAC advance rates available there :smokin

Maybe I should put something in the first post with a list of hotels :eyes

ladymuck
5th August 2017, 22:06
Maybe I should put something in the first post with a list of hotels :eyes

Malmaison? Or is that just for poncy southern softies and therefore I'll be quite safe as no funny accented tightwads will pay to stay there?

SimonMac
7th August 2017, 08:07
Malmaison? Or is that just for poncy southern softies and therefore I'll be quite safe as no funny accented tightwads will pay to stay there?

Malmaison has a fabulous Sunday brunch with bottomless Prosecco, if you are into that sort of thing

eek
23rd August 2017, 16:35
Can I just check that the secret Santa rules are the standard ones of something stolen from clientco’s stationary /marketing cupboards

If so I’m sorted and simonmac will kill for it

northernladuk
23rd August 2017, 16:39
Can I just check that the secret Santa rules are the standard ones of something stolen from clientco’s stationary /marketing cupboards

I thought it was a fiver. I've never seen those rules before.

mudskipper
23rd August 2017, 17:21

AKA the "Bunk" rules.

Wonder where he is these days...

BrilloPad
23rd August 2017, 19:44

Is your gift one question to your accountant? Even if you can usually ask 2 questions for £5.

mudskipper
23rd August 2017, 20:38
I have a new accountant.

He's based in Leeds. I wonder if he'll come along.

northernladuk
24th August 2017, 09:54
I have a new accountant.

Well his offices are less than 200 yards away so you'd think he'd make the effort... unless assumptions are gonna come and bite me on the ass again.

barrydidit
24th August 2017, 10:07
Well his offices are less than 200 yards away so you'd think he'd make the effort... unless assumptions are gonna come and bite me on the ass again.

If you bring a megaphone you can shout your questions to him from the roof terrace.

BrilloPad
24th August 2017, 10:40

Makes a change from that dwarf dressed as a clown.

TheFaQQer
24th August 2017, 11:50
I have a new accountant.

If he's smart, he'll check the list of attendees first ;)

SimonMac
24th August 2017, 14:16

Given you have it as your profile picture AND you already sent me a photo of it, I am not sure it qualifies as "secret"

SimonMac
24th August 2017, 14:16

Under a fiver or stolen from ClientCo

SimonMac
24th August 2017, 14:18

Nah his offices are a bit of a walk, but still not that far away, the more the more the merrier, I will mention it next time I speak to him

northernladuk
24th August 2017, 14:51
Nah his offices are a bit of a walk, but still not that far away, the more the more the merrier, I will mention it next time I speak to him

I think I've talked one of our other accountants in to coming as well so we could get them drunk and watch them dook it out for added entertainment. Gucci man bags at ten paces.

TheFaQQer
24th August 2017, 15:08
I think I've talked one of our other accountants in to coming as well so we could get them drunk and watch them dook it out for added entertainment. Gucci man bags at ten paces.

:spel duke

You're not from Noo Yawk.

eek
24th August 2017, 16:32
Given you have it as your profile picture AND you already sent me a photo of it, I am not sure it qualifies as "secret"

That’s not it

mudskipper
25th August 2017, 18:55
That’s not it

It's the other, identical one.

eek
25th August 2017, 19:21
It's the other, identical one.

Simonmac collects multiple items not just ducks...

mudskipper
25th August 2017, 20:00
Simonmac collects multiple items not just ducks...

Ah, a lanyard.

northernladuk
25th August 2017, 20:00
Ah, a lanyard.

OMG shhhhhh. Gonna have to take mine back and get summat else now.

northernladuk
25th August 2017, 20:01
Anyway I thought it was secret Santa so anyone could get it.

mudskipper
26th August 2017, 03:30
Anyway I thought it was secret Santa so anyone could get it.

Who doesn't love a lanyard?

eek
26th August 2017, 06:17
Who doesn't love a lanyard?

Now you’ve suggested that idea everyone is going to give one

mudskipper
27th August 2017, 18:29
Now you’ve suggested that idea everyone is going to give one

Beats tulip/gladiator/radiator/sockpuppet related gifts :laugh

Not sure there's much left that hasn't been done.

SueEllen
27th August 2017, 21:19
Beats tulip/gladiator/radiator/sockpuppet related gifts :laugh

Not sure there's much left that hasn't been done.

People really give shit as a gift? Or is it a bulb?

ladymuck
27th August 2017, 21:38
People really give tulip as a gift? Or is it a bulb?

used to be quite a sought after item back in the day; the old age equivalent of bitcoin

barrydidit
28th August 2017, 07:51
Spotted in the gents - Woodlands Hotel, Outwood. A toilet duck?

https://s5.postimg.org/sse6bv3nb/toilet_duck.jpg

Yes, it did take me a few trips in there before it was empty enough to start taking pictures..

PhiltheGreek
28th August 2017, 08:42
I wonder if I can get a Corgi version of those made?

Or better still, a Camilla

SimonMac
28th August 2017, 16:50

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ui9-8oCDL._SX355_.jpg

ladymuck
28th August 2017, 19:13

How about one of your missus?

http://shop.justducks.co.uk/images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/400x400f/102-34571U.jpg

PhiltheGreek
29th August 2017, 07:01

:spank: Oi! Suggestions like that aren't going to get Admin an invitation to the palace. Well, not the nice sort of invitation anyway.

Besides, I think you're missing the point of the duck love. Very much like those northern monkeys before they got one to aim at. :laugh

SimonMac
29th August 2017, 07:46

http://shop.justducks.co.uk/images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/400x400f/102-34571U.jpg

I've already got that one :)

barrydidit
5th September 2017, 10:07
I had a pint of Midnight Bell in here the other night, and very nice it was too. I have to say though, they didn't look as though they were gearing up for the CUK Christmas bash - I was expecting a full refurb to be underway by now. Are you SURE it's booked? Maybe a third deposit would help?

Well, the place is closed and undergoing a full refurb. I'm expecting SM has requested a Colosseum theme.

northernladuk
5th September 2017, 11:03
Well, the place is closed and undergoing a full refurb. I'm expecting SM has requested a Colosseum theme.

Well they've got the perfect crew in if they don't manage to bleed the radiators in time.

barrydidit
6th September 2017, 11:23
Well they've got the perfect crew in if they don't manage to bleed the radiators in time.

Apparently it will be reopening on 28th September. I shall take it upon myself to investigate.

ladymuck
6th September 2017, 12:27
I ought to book a flight while the BA sale is on. That'll go a little way towards the 140 points I need to retain silver

eek
6th September 2017, 13:08
I ought to book a flight while the BA sale is on. That'll go a little way towards the 140 points I need to retain silver

You do remember what we told you about Leeds Bradford airport being no where near Leeds (or Bradford for that matter) without decent public transport.

You really do need to catch the train. That should be cheap enough at the moment. And if you want to fly somewhere do a weekend in Glasgow, Edinburgh or even somewhere in Europe....

ladymuck
6th September 2017, 16:24
You do remember what we told you about Leeds Bradford airport being no where near Leeds (or Bradford for that matter) without decent public transport.

You really do need to catch the train. That should be cheap enough at the moment. And if you want to fly somewhere do a weekend in Glasgow, Edinburgh or even somewhere in Europe....

It's 8 miles, about half an hour, hardly the other side of the country.

eek
6th September 2017, 17:16

Unless you are working in Heathrow the time to get to and from the airports is going to be the same as catching the train.

Up to you though personally given where we are meeting flying is insane...

SimonMac
6th September 2017, 18:19

It’s your call, and if you need the BA points of course it’s worth it, but it’s a pain in the arse to get to, it’s a single road unless you go cross country and it snarls up like no modus Business, there is one bus service which goes via Bradford before Leeds and taxis are a monopoly so you’ll be paying through the nose (will probably cost you more than the flight), also depending on when you are setting off again in the morning it’s just as bad.

stek
6th September 2017, 19:03
It’s your call, and if you need the BA points of course it’s worth it, but it’s a pain in the arse to get to, it’s a single road unless you go cross country and it snarls up like no modus Business, there is one bus service which goes via Bradford before Leeds and taxis are a monopoly so you’ll be paying through the nose (will probably cost you more than the flight), also depending on when you are setting off again in the morning it’s just as bad.

757 bus goes straight to Leeds, via Kirkstall.

LBA is a shiiithole tho, last Monday morn took over an hour to get through security.

Bee
6th September 2017, 19:53
How can we recognize the CUKers in the Bar? :frown

ladymuck
6th September 2017, 20:18
How can we recognize the CUKers in the Bar? :frown

Just look for a bunch of misfits that you would never expect to see sharing a pint. That'll be the northern contingent. The southerners will have one drink each and it'll have an umbrella in it

ladymuck
6th September 2017, 20:21
Unless you are working in Heathrow the time to get to and from the airports is going to be the same as catching the train.

Up to you though personally given where we are meeting flying is insane...

I'm close to Heathrow and could arrange to work from there that day, no problem. I might even charge them for the pleasure of my company. £44 each way to fly.

stek
6th September 2017, 20:51
I'm close to Heathrow and could arrange to work from there that day, no problem. I might even charge them for the pleasure of my company. £44 each way to fly.

Always hairy landings at Leeds - highest airport in UK, on the side of a hill, crosswinds...

SimonMac
7th September 2017, 10:39
Always hairy landings at Leeds - highest airport in UK, on the side of a hill, crosswinds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3UPKQuvpGU

The flights to Belfast was always fun, a plane so small that when it crashed the newspapers could name all the dead passengers!

TheFaQQer
7th September 2017, 11:25
The flights to Belfast was always fun, a plane so small that when it crashed the newspapers could name all the dead passengers!

It was much worse when the two seater plane crashed into a cemetery just outside Belfast. Three hours after the crash, the investigators had recovered 197 bodies and expected to be searching throughout the night.

ladymuck
7th September 2017, 18:23
I fancy giving Madeira a try at some point. Regularly features on those "world's scariest airports" programmes.

Such a shame that the line up to HKG no longer needs a near 45 degree turn...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKqO6gdJIz8

Bee
8th September 2017, 08:37
I fancy giving Madeira a try at some point. Regularly features on those "world's scariest airports" programmes.

Such a shame that the line up to HKG no longer needs a near 45 degree turn...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKqO6gdJIz8

The problem in Madeira it's the wind. I pray every time I land there. :frown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aFjX54tjK0

barrydidit
8th September 2017, 09:08
The problem in Madeira it's the wind. I pray every time I land there.

Could also be an issue at LBA. The in-flight pie and peas will see to that, especially for the unaccustomed Southern digestive system.

TheFaQQer
8th September 2017, 10:23
Could also be an issue at LBA. The in-flight pie and peas will see to that, especially for the unaccustomed Southern digestive system.

I think that's only available if you go aye up and away on Yorkshire Airlines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg

Bee
8th September 2017, 11:03

This is supposed to be funny? :confused:

SueEllen
8th September 2017, 12:05

Yeah it's called British humour.

I suggest you watch more British comedians on YouTube then you will get it.

Bee
8th September 2017, 14:03
Yeah it's called British humour.

I suggest you watch more British comedians on YouTube then you will get it.

Why? To understand pies and peas and Northern digestive system?:confused:

northernladuk
8th September 2017, 14:21

Why are you even posting in this thread?

Bee
8th September 2017, 14:32
Why are you even posting in this thread?

Are you stupid or something?

ladymuck
8th September 2017, 15:08
What's even funnier is that there are no pies and peas on in-flight catering any more. There's barely any catering at all.

:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

SueEllen
8th September 2017, 16:12
Why? To understand pies and peas and Northern digestive system?:confused:

In a word "yes".

Start with Little Britain....

ladymuck
8th September 2017, 16:30
In a word "yes".

Start with Little Britain....

No, no, no.

League of gentlemen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vFe2a29hms)

SueEllen
8th September 2017, 17:01
No, no, no.

League of gentlemen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vFe2a29hms)

She needs to watch them all....

SimonMac
9th September 2017, 09:22
What's even funnier is that there are no pies and peas on in-flight catering any more. There's barely any catering at all.

:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

ladymuck
9th September 2017, 19:21

It's déjà vu all over again

DaveB
9th September 2017, 20:30
It's déjà vu all over again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2eUopy9sd8

ladymuck
31st October 2017, 11:40
Not long to go! What was the decision on secret santa?

northernladuk
31st October 2017, 11:48

It's a secret.

TheFaQQer
31st October 2017, 11:50

About £5 is the usual fare.

SimonMac
31st October 2017, 14:10

You spend the same amount in £'s as there are miles from your home to the pub

BrilloPad
31st October 2017, 14:20

So Yorkshire people spend less.

Proof that Yorkshire folk are tighter than a gnats wotsit.

northernladuk
31st October 2017, 14:26

You don't need to prove it. We are proud of it.

BrilloPad
31st October 2017, 14:27
You don't need to prove it. We are proud of it.

I bet you only have one butler....

ladymuck
31st October 2017, 15:27

effin nora, that's 189 miles

But in Egyptian Pounds that's a mere eight quid. That's ok then.

barrydidit
2nd November 2017, 11:29

Yorkshire is a big place though - for some of us it could be a very painful journey.

Still haven't been into the Tap since it was revamped. It looks nice though, so SM's deposit money hasn't been wasted.

Scruff
2nd November 2017, 11:34
@SimonMac - can you please count me in as a "maybe"?

BrilloPad
2nd November 2017, 13:28
@SimonMac - can you please count me in as a "maybe"?

maybe human?

If you are, don't go. You will not fit in....

Scruff
2nd November 2017, 13:37
I am definitely not human - Replicants are in our midst...:eek:

Wilmslow
8th November 2017, 11:05
Whats the latest on this - I may well pop over for a couple of warm pints of mild......

ladymuck
8th November 2017, 15:50
Whats the latest on this - I may well pop over for a couple of warm pints of mild......

No change to the original plans. Bring a secret santa gift, max £5 of poundshop tat

eek
8th November 2017, 16:05
No change to the original plans. Bring a secret santa gift, max £5 of poundshop tat
That’s 4 items too many

NickFitz
8th November 2017, 20:21
One month to go! Just remembered to book my hotel and train ticket, so I'm all set :music: :cheers:

SimonMac
9th November 2017, 10:11
IN
Me
Mrs Mac
DaveB
Mrs DaveB
Eek
Mrs Eek
BarryDidIt
NickFitz
AntMan
CovBob
Osacrose
LadyMuck (maybe +1)
NLUK
Oliverson

Maybe
LondonManc
TheFaqqer + Mrs
Mudskipper

Menu from the place is up, thinking just getting a shed load of buffet food is a better bet and those who want to gamble ordering something on the night can do so?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb2f0hnj2rduh11/Brewery%20Tap%20Christmas%20Menu.pdf?dl=0

barrydidit
9th November 2017, 10:13
Buffet food is fine by me. I assume it'll be followed by a traditional Mill Hill kebab and fight at about 2am anyway?

Antman
9th November 2017, 10:16
We meeting at Yates then?

SimonMac
9th November 2017, 10:17
Buffet food is fine by me. I assume it'll be followed by a traditional Mill Hill kebab and fight at about 2am anyway?

Last CUK night out in Leeds, I smashed my phone on Mill Hill while trying to juggle a kebab and a phone call from the missus who said the police were at the house..... the kebab was fine!

eek
9th November 2017, 10:17
We meeting at Yates then?

Brewery Tap near the station just about opposite Evans (the bikeshop) from memory

eek
9th November 2017, 10:19
Also its just me and not Mrs Eek she's in Manchester (I'm going via the Xmas do)...

eek
9th November 2017, 10:27
Also hotel and train tickets booked

Simonmac care to guess the hotel - I've gone for my traditional Leeds night out option

northernladuk
9th November 2017, 10:30
Last CUK night out in Leeds, I smashed my phone on Mill Hill while trying to juggle a kebab and a phone call from the missus who said the police were at the house..... the kebab was fine!

That was because you took a bite out of your phone while holding your kebab in your ear yelling 'Hello!!'

SimonMac
9th November 2017, 10:32
Also hotel and train tickets booked

Simonmac care to guess the hotel - I've gone for my traditional Leeds night out option

Vicar Lane Travelodge?

eek
9th November 2017, 10:40
Vicar Lane Travelodge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va_Rmpd3PZI

barrydidit
9th November 2017, 11:09

Meet us outside the castle.

https://www.leeds-castle.com/

Scruff
9th November 2017, 11:46
Ahem

I see that my name is missing from the "maybe" list?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb2f0hnj2rduh11/Brewery%20Tap%20Christmas%20Menu.pdf?dl=0

SimonMac
9th November 2017, 12:10
Ahem

I see that my name is missing from the "maybe" list?

My humblest of apologies Sir, you can sub for MrsEek!

PhiltheGreek
9th November 2017, 15:59
you can sub for MrsEek!

That's an offer anyone sensible would run a mile from.

mudskipper
17th November 2017, 16:10
Train ticket booked. Secret Santa ordered.

eek
17th November 2017, 16:26
Train ticket booked. Secret Santa ordered.

:banana:

TheFaQQer
17th November 2017, 17:52
Maybe
TheFaqqer + Mrs

It's a no from me - I'll be in Nottingham that night. MrsF will be at home.

northernladuk
17th November 2017, 18:47

Aww bum :(

oliverson
19th November 2017, 12:29
Afraid I can't attend either as I have an Xmas dinner that evening :-(

SimonMac
20th November 2017, 08:54

She can come on her own :laugh

No worries :(

fullyautomatix
20th November 2017, 12:29
I am afraid its a No from me, the mere thought of meeting all you anti socials is enough to kill me.

northernladuk
21st November 2017, 12:27

Oh.. just spotted this. LM called it!

NickFitz
25th November 2017, 11:48
Secret Santa ordered :)

Hope Amazon actually deliver on time, unlike the other year when it arrived in early January :rolleyes:

FitchBace
25th November 2017, 17:03
hey all, figured it was about time I signed up on here, even if it is just to use once or twice a year for meets!

Booked in to the Queens.

Will bring goodies.

Need beer.

XX

DaveB
25th November 2017, 17:42

Hope Amazon actually deliver on time, unlike the other year when it arrived in early January :rolleyes:

MrsB has got a bit carried away with the Secret Santa thing. We may have stuff left over....

mudskipper
25th November 2017, 19:37
MrsB has got a bit carried away with the Secret Santa thing. We may have stuff left over....

Oh good, 'cos mine's crap :)

DaveB
25th November 2017, 19:59

I didn't say it was good stuff.

We may have crap left over :p

BrilloPad
25th November 2017, 20:16

Literally?

mudskipper
25th November 2017, 21:56
Literally?

No, not tulip themed this year.

ladymuck
26th November 2017, 13:40

I find if you check the seller isn't in China, you have a better chance of getting your order quite quickly

FitchBace
29th November 2017, 19:07

Pretty sure she hasn't. Although she would really appreciate knowing numbers of people!

Or so I hear...

eek
29th November 2017, 20:10
Pretty sure she hasn't. Although she would really appreciate knowing numbers of people!

Or so I hear...

I think we have a new record for outing yourself - in the second post.

As for secret Santa unless I find something this weekend it’s the stable of stuff nicked from end clients stationary cupboard - and there is a lot of spare stationary in that cupboard so it won’t be missed

mudskipper
29th November 2017, 21:35
As for secret Santa unless I find something this weekend it’s the stable of stuff nicked from end clients stationary cupboard - and there is a lot of spare stationary in that cupboard so it won’t be missed

Well that cupboard ain't going nowhere.

barrydidit
29th November 2017, 21:41
Erm, this is Yorkshire... one secret santa is more than enough, surely? I wouldn't like any Fitches turning up mob handed and being embarrassed into buying them drinks or something.

Anyway, I noted this morning that that the decorations are up at the Brewery Tap. That or the flashing bulb was indicative that they'd been burgled

SimonMac
30th November 2017, 09:29

Or so I hear...

Christ I'm organising the bloody thing and I'm not sure how many people will even turn up!

SimonMac
30th November 2017, 09:30
Erm, this is Yorkshire... one secret santa is more than enough, surely? I wouldn't like any Fitches turning up mob handed and being embarrassed into buying them drinks or something.

Anyway, I noted this morning that that the decorations are up at the Brewery Tap. That or the flashing bulb was indicative that they'd been burgled

Secret Santa always has, and always will be a voluntary thing, if you want to partake turn up with a gift, if not sit and laugh at the shit that we have to take back home with us (anyone remember Suity and his nappies)

eek
30th November 2017, 09:48
Well that cupboard ain't going nowhere.

Technically the cupboard isn't an actual cupboard - it's more a partition wall made up of boxes with launch goodie bags in it.

Said wall is about 15ft long and 4 boxes high and unless you are Simon Mac you can't look over it...

eek
1st December 2017, 09:12
Actually I've just found the secret santa gift I lost and had to quickly replace last year.

I may still add the end clientco tat for extra tattiness though.

also SMac you have a text you ain't responded to :tantrum:

barrydidit
1st December 2017, 09:24
Secret santa ordered. I'm quietly pleased with the awfulness. Now to add some Clientco tat, and I have the perfect thing in mind if can safely liberate an example :nerd

ladymuck
1st December 2017, 11:10
also SMac you have a text you ain't responded to :tantrum:

I didn't know mobiles worked in Yorkshire. My how have they've come along

PhiltheGreek
1st December 2017, 11:30
I didn't know mobiles worked in Yorkshire. My how have they've come along

Doesn't sound like they do love. Either that, or the natives haven't worked out what to do with 'em.

oliverson
4th December 2017, 19:15
Well, seeing as I can’t make Friday I thought I’d beat you all to it and pop in just now before my 19:45 to London. Place is quite buzzing. Be better Friday too. Wish I could make it now!

Enjoy.

eek
4th December 2017, 19:54
Well, seeing as I can’t make Friday I thought I’d beat you all to it and pop in just now before my 19:45 to London. Place is quite buzzing. Be better Friday too. Wish I could make it now!

Enjoy.

I’m hoping we make the numbers and smac is vetoing my suggestions for people to invite

cojak
4th December 2017, 20:17
Have a great night guys - paint the town beige!

ladymuck
4th December 2017, 20:25
Have a great night guys - paint the town beige!

Damn. I bought taupe paint. Do you think anyone will notice?

mudskipper
4th December 2017, 20:46
Damn. I bought taupe paint. Do you think anyone will notice?

Better than buff.

barrydidit
5th December 2017, 12:05
paint the town beige!

Every morning I walk past there and there's a small tired looking woman in a tabbard pushing a mop around. I think I ought to tell her to book Saturday as holiday :eyes

NickFitz
5th December 2017, 18:07
Looking like this damn heart attack might prevent me from attending :(

Word on the ward is that I'm not going to get in for an angiogram before Thursday and if, as is very likely, they decide to put a stent in while they're at it, they probably won't let me out until Friday or Saturday. And even if I do get out on Friday, I'll probably be under orders to do as little as possible, as causing a punctured artery to re-open is generally considered a bad idea.

Bugger :mad:

Anyway, I've just checked and I don't have to cancel the hotel until noon on Friday so I'll hang fire for now. Maybe a virulent plague will decimate the queue ahead of me in time for them to get me in tomorrow :D

ladymuck
5th December 2017, 19:28

Word on the ward is that I'm not going to get in for an angiogram before Thursday and if, as is very likely, they decide to put a stent in while they're at it, they probably won't let me out until Friday or Saturday. And even if I do get out on Friday, I'll probably be under orders to do as little as possible, as causing a punctured artery to re-open is generally considered a bad idea.

Anyway, I've just checked and I don't have to cancel the hotel until noon on Friday so I'll hang fire for now. Maybe a virulent plague will decimate the queue ahead of me in time for them to get me in tomorrow :D

We should bring the party to you!

But you probably want to get better...

NickFitz
5th December 2017, 19:35
We should bring the party to you!

But you probably want to get better...

This ward could do with livening up! And I could do with a beer… :cheers:

SimonMac
6th December 2017, 07:22

It’s not the worse excuse I’ve seen to avoid coming to Yorkshire, but given the circumstances I’ll let you off!

Scruff
6th December 2017, 09:00
My maybe has turned into a "unable to attend". Enjoy the Tulips in White Rose country...

NickFitz
7th December 2017, 19:46
I was on the list for angiogram-and-discharge this afternoon, but an emergency case came in so I got bumped.

This means I'm now on the list for tomorrow afternoon. Even if it happens and everything goes smoothly, I still probably won't get out of here until teatime, which would be too late to get the train up there and join you all before closing time.

So I'm afraid I'm almost certainly not going to be there, barring some Christmas miracle :(

mudskipper
7th December 2017, 20:19
I was on the list for angiogram-and-discharge this afternoon, but an emergency case came in so I got bumped.

This means I'm now on the list for tomorrow afternoon. Even if it happens and everything goes smoothly, I still probably won't get out of here until teatime, which would be too late to get the train up there and join you all before closing time.

So I'm afraid I'm almost certainly not going to be there, barring some Christmas miracle :(

We will raise a glass to you.

ladymuck
7th December 2017, 21:05
We will raise a glass to you.

Maybe two...

ladymuck
8th December 2017, 08:29
I'll be in town about lunchtime. What do the locals recommend I do to while away the time until this evening?

barrydidit
8th December 2017, 08:46
I'll be in town about lunchtime. What do the locals recommend I do to while away the time until this evening?

As it's cold I'd have suggested the Everyman cinema, but there appears to be bugger all on. If shopping is your thing you can head for the arcades (on the right as you walk up Briggate). If you need a decent feed then you could try heading to Greek Street where the fancier restaurants and whatnot live - there are cheaper options most places you'll walk though. What hotel are you in?

barrydidit
8th December 2017, 08:49
There's a winter market on too. It's up the hill behind the town hall
https://www.christmasmarkets.com/individual-christmas-market/leeds-christkindelmarkt-traditional-german-christmas-market/

For other stuff, try this -> https://leeds-list.com/ That way you can search for anything that you fancy

BrilloPad
8th December 2017, 09:11
Maybe two...

And a Greggs?

ladymuck
8th December 2017, 10:02
.... What hotel are you in?

Ha! I'm not silly enough to say where I'm staying :tongue

Thanks for the suggestions though, much appreciated

BrilloPad
8th December 2017, 10:03

Thanks for the suggestions though, much appreciated

But it is true that you are holding the after-party party?

ladymuck
8th December 2017, 10:09
But it is true that you are holding the after-party party?

Absolutely!

Not.

eek
8th December 2017, 10:14
Anyone following SimonMac on facebook will have an idea where we are likely to head to once the pub closes..

barrydidit
8th December 2017, 10:46
Anyone following SimonMac on facebook will have an idea where we are likely to head to once the pub closes..

Let me guess - has he got a gig at the Viaduct Cabaret (http://www.viaductleeds.com/)?

SimonMac
8th December 2017, 10:50

Maybe ;)

SimonMac
8th December 2017, 10:51

BTW

I’ve been asked to remind you that unless you bring chocolates down again you will be pounced in by a gaggle of women, and not in the good way

SimonMac
8th December 2017, 10:52

You already did ;)

eek
8th December 2017, 10:53
BTW

I’ve been asked to remind you that unless you bring chocolates down again you will be pounced in by a gaggle of women, and not in the good way

Mrs eek doesn’t do chocolate any more she quit in January when she finally listened to the hints I’d been telling her all last year.