• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't go down to Dunkirk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't go down to Dunkirk

Don't go down to Reno Dunkirk

Moved the problem then?

Amarillo singer Tony Christie and his wife's terror as hooded migrants armed with crowbars ambush his tour bus at Dunkirk petrol station
    The 73-year-old and his wife Sue, 68, were asleep on the Jumbo Cruiser vehicle
    Gang of five hooded migrants surrounded their driver as he filled bus with petrol
    With driver distracted, migrant broke into a trailer carrying stage equipment
    Christie's tour manager Paul Smith opened trailer and found the stowaway
    Since the demolition of Calais' Jungle migrant camp in October, many displaced migrants have made the short journey along the coast to the Grande-Synthe camp near Dunkirk.

The camp, a sprawling collection of wooden shacks, was opened earlier this year by medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres.

Many migrants make their way to the side of the A16, day and night, and try to get on board vehicles bound for Britain by waiting at service stations or rest stops and breaking into the back of trucks.

There have been numerous incidents of migrants throwing large objects, such as trees, into the path of oncoming vehicles in a bid to hop onto lorries bound for Britain.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Don't go down to Reno Dunkirk

Moved the problem then?

Daily Mail?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Daily Mail?
      Tony Christie and wife ambushed on tour bus by hooded migrants at Dunkirk petrol station | Daily Mail Online

How did you guess?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Comment

Daily Mail?
          Actually, its in The Mirror too:

Amarillo star Tony Christie's tour bus 'attacked by crowbar-wielding migrants trying to get to Britain' - Mirror Online
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            And the Torygraph:

Tony Christie's tour bus 'attacked after stopping for fuel near migrant camp'

And Sky:

Tony Christie's tour bus 'attacked by hooded migrants'

Can't seem to find it in the Grauniad though.

Maybe I spelled Dunkirk and Christie wrongright.

what a bunch of racist rags. Obviously complete hogwash maybe they made it all up or the migrants were really Tory estate agents called Rupert dressed up

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              what a bunch of racist rags. Obviously complete hogwash maybe they made it all up or the migrants were really Tory estate agents called Rupert dressed up
              Racist!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Rupertist!
                FTFY

Comment

Brexit will solve all this. Can't happen soon enough.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Brexit will solve all this. Can't happen soon enough.
                    well closing the jungle seems to have fixed Calais despite it being open for years and the UK complaining.

Comment

Working...
                    X