• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh I'm liking Ze Express

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh I'm liking Ze Express

Use 'ze' - Oxford University Student Union say we should scrap he and she | UK | News | Daily Express

The University’s Students’ Union has published a leaflet in an effort to stop transgender students being offended.

Instead of using the masculine or feminine pronoun, the Union hopes the gender-neutral ‘ze’ will be used.

The Union hopes the pronoun will be used in university lectures and seminars.

According to Oxford University’s harassment policy “deliberately using the wrong name or pronoun in relation to a transgender person, or persistently referring to their gender identity history” may amount to harassment.
    I can see Ze Germans liking that!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I can see Ze Germans liking that!
    I wish ze Germans would scrap gender pronouns. Der Rock (skirt - masculine), die Krawatte (tie - feminine), das Mädchen (girl - not feminine). Der See is a lake and die See is the sea, or probably it's the other way around. A BMW is a different gender depending on whether it's a motorbike or a car. FFS. I need das Bier.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I wish ze Germans would scrap gender pronouns. Der Rock (skirt - masculine), die Krawatte (tie - feminine), das Mädchen (girl - not feminine). Der See is a lake and die See is the sea, or probably it's the other way around. A BMW is a different gender depending on whether it's a motorbike or a car. FFS. I need das Bier.

great rant, is it available in French with sexy table legs?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My colleague is flying to Bremen. I wrote down some useful tips on getting the bus from the airport. Including “I want the bus to halt here please” translated as "Ich möchte einen Büstenhalter bitte"
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

...das Mädchen (girl - not feminine).
          MarkyMark can tell you stories about them.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

How about scrapping elitist universities?

Comment

I heard this was a thing in US universities didn't realise UK uni's are also copycatting

how many transgendered students actually are there? enough to justify a new gender pro-noun?

Comment

I don't understand in Danish why it's 'Den blå planet' for The Blue Planet and not Blå Planeten but it is 'Grand Teatren' for The Grand Theatre

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                  I heard this was a thing in US universities didn't realise UK uni's are also copycatting

how many transgendered students actually are there? enough to justify a new gender pro-noun?
                  No - plenty of snowflakes who like to think they are different - you know so they can fit in....

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                    Quite a lot depending on what you define as a lot and what you define as trans.

I would suggest university is where a lot of people realise they are trans, so you might well have more trans people graduating than enrolling.

The "they're only a minority" argument seems fairly weak though; by that logic nobody would provide disability access and so on
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X