• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there any point going 1st on Heathrow Express?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any point going 1st on Heathrow Express?

Contractor "My butler refuses to book anything other than 1st-class for me" bravado aside - on a 15 minute trip is there really any point? Is it just for people who like going 1st for the sake of it?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Yep.

Poorer people take the tube.

Or one of the services that stops more.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Please tell me you're actually standing at the ticket booth waiting for CUK to tell you what to do

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Please tell me you're actually standing at the ticket booth waiting for CUK to tell you what to do
        Sorry to disappoint. Looking months ahead, just noticed they do advance discounts especially at weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Sorry to disappoint. Looking months ahead, just noticed they do advance discounts especially at weekends.
          I got first class on the Øresundstog to Malmø a week or two back, honestly couldn't tell the difference.

Comment

Go 2nd then tell everyone on CUK you went first. JUst don't tell MF or you will give him ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Go 2nd then tell everyone on CUK you went first. JUst don't tell MF or you will give him ideas...
              As Sue says, using the Express is like 1st compared with tube anyway.

Comment

No point, the standard carriages are pretty nice and it's only a 15 min journey. Poor people take the tube.

Comment

Nope. No point. If they served a dirty martini and a few nibbles it might be worth the extra. The wifi will be just as tulip as everywhere else on the train

They claim the first carriages are closer to the exits but that's a negligible benefit

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    I got first class on the Øresundstog to Malmø a week or two back, honestly couldn't tell the difference.
                    if you travel at rush hour then you'll easily notice the difference, the main difference being you actually get a seat and you dont have people stood next to you in the aisles.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X