• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those naughty boys at the Wail & RT are making it all up again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those naughty boys at the Wail & RT are making it all up again

Oh Dear

Schengen zone nations MUST border check as terrorists are pretending to be refugees | Daily Mail Online

Germany admits Schengen zone nations MUST bring back border check because terrorists pretending to be refugees are moving freely across the continent
    Documents suggest implementing a 'filter function of Europe's external borders'
    German officials reportedly fear terrorists are disguising themselves as refugees
    The details emerged from minutes of a meeting of EU ambassadors in Brussels

https://www.rt.com/news/369951-germa...checks-extend/

The German government wants to extend border control in the Schengen zone because it has had a tip-off about potential terrorists entering the country disguised as refugees, Germany's Der Spiegel magazine said.
    Read more
    Germans believe EU is ‘heading in wrong direction’ – survey
    The report is based on the minutes of an EU ambassadors’ internal meeting in Brussels obtained by the outlet. In particular, the document mentions a "filter function of the external borders," which it says is not working.

oops Der Spiegel is the source

https://magazin.spiegel.de/SP/2016/5...ign=centerpage

Germany wants to extend controls and calls on terrorism.

The federal government wants to restrict the freedom of travel in Europe for a longer time than planned so far. This is evident from the minutes of an internal meeting of the EU ambassadors in Brussels. EU citizens are free to move freely in the so-called Schengen area. In the wake of the refugee crisis, Germany and other EU countries had begun to stop travelers at the borders, ask for passports and search for isolated vehicles.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

More of Putin lead propaganda

https://www.rt.com/news/368399-germa...-eu-interview/

looks like its the stupid people's fault.

German President Joachim Gauck has urged for a “pause” in EU integration to allow all members to discuss “what they want to achieve at what pace,” lest people forget the dangers of populism and why Donald Trump won the US presidency.
    The 78-year-old federal president praised the European Union’s ethos in an interview to Welt am Sonntag, calling it a “great concept” and “a peace project that generations of us had not dared to dream.” He argued, however, that an increase in globalization does not work for everyone at the same pace.

While achieving a closer union, Gauck said, “we were sometimes so fast that not all citizens could or would want to come with us. That makes me worry.”
    Gauck stressed that such feelings of discontent are what led to Donald Trump’s victory in the United States.

“As a whole, we should think about a pause during which we discuss which goal we want to reach, and at what speed,” he continued, as he urged European politicians to look beyond campaigns centered on universal values like freedom and security, and to focus more on making the population feel collectively at home in the 28-nation bloc.

“Not everyone feels like a world citizen,” he said.

Comment

TL;DR "Intelligence received about ISIS attempting to infiltrate Europe through refugee/asylum seeker channels, results in security being enhanced, including passport checks at some borders."

Seems reasonable.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        TL;DR "Intelligence received about ISIS attempting to infiltrate Europe through refugee/asylum seeker channels, results in security being enhanced, including passport checks at some borders."

Seems reasonable.
        yes it does

but then why do people freak out when the skittles analogy is made?

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
          yes it does

this one? NSFW

http :// vimeo.com/26753142
          Last edited by NotAllThere; 13 December 2016, 12:49.

Comment

[QUOTE=vetran;2344847]this one? NSFW

image blocked but I was referring to Trump Jnr's tweet a couple months ago

Comment

[QUOTE=filthy1980;2344849]
              Originally posted by vetran View Post
              this one? NSFW

image blocked but I was referring to Trump Jnr's tweet a couple months ago
              I suppose it got banned from the superbowl, its the skittles ad with the babe & nerd on their wedding night quite funny if a bit rude.

Just looked that up Ouch basically he is right but most of them are nice people. I suppose they do have the experience with the Cubans.

Castro announces Mariel Boatlift - Apr 20, 1980 - HISTORY.com

The boatlift also began to have negative political implications for U.S.President Jimmy Carter.When it was discovered that a number of the exiles had been released from Cuban jails and mental health facilities, many were placed in refugee camps while others were held in federal prisons to undergo deportation hearings. Of the 125,000 “Marielitos,” as the refugees came to be known, who landed in Florida, more than 1,700 were jailed and another 587 were detained until they could find sponsors.
              always thought that was genius.

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                yes it does

Because that was about excluding all refugees from a particular country, on the grounds that a few might be terrorists. The articles are about beefing up cross-border security, on the basis of intelligence that some terrorists might now be actively seeking to exploit people smuggling channels.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Because that was about excluding all refugees from a particular country, on the grounds that a few might be terrorists. The articles are about beefing up cross-border security, on the basis of intelligence that some terrorists might now be actively seeking to exploit people smuggling channels.
                  that intelligence existed months ago, as I'm sure I read that ISIS in their own literature were encouraging jihadhi's to disguise themselves as refugees to get into Europe and commit jihad

I think both are about increasing security and checks and not just taking a refugees word for it when s/he turns up at your boarder

Comment

I don't know why anybody thought that video wouldn't be banned.

Anti-terrorist police could set up a check point anywhere they want. Special Branch could close the M1 if they had some good reason; it doesn't mean that opening the M1 in the first place was a bad idea.

5 or 6 years ago I drove into Germany from France and the motorway was blocked off with roadworks. I had to drive a service station where the police were stopping every car. A thoroughly miserable looking Polizistin asked me something in German, which I didn't understand and she didn't speak any English, and so she just scowled and waved me on. I've no idea what that was about, but it obviously didn't mean the collapse of Schengen.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X