• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uk inflation accelerates as imports cost more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk inflation accelerates as imports cost more

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...than-two-years

"Import costs surge by more than 15%, highest in 5 years".

And most retailers are discounting for Christmas. I suspect the rate of increase will be even higher next year.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And most retailers are discounting for Christmas. I suspect the rate of increase will be even higher next year.
    Of course, they have never discounted for Christmas before. This is the first time ever. UberCretinism at its uberist.

Can't you just f**k off and die?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Of course, they have never discounted for Christmas before. This is the first time ever. UberCretinism at its uberist.

I didn't say this was the first time they've discounted for Christmas.
      I mentioned that because it would temporarily lower the rate of the rise in inflation and once the discounts cut out in the New Year, the rate would rise again.

So much anger. I wonder why.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Don't think that's quite the point that was being made here

I think the point was that if shops had already applied the discounts when the figures were taken, then the inflation is actually worse than the headline figure suggest.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Goddamn it.....I've just agreed with SAS. I must punish myself....
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Don't think that's quite the point that was being made here

I think the point was that if shops had already applied the discounts when the figures were taken, then the inflation is actually worse than the headline figure suggest.

Quite. I thank you.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I sympathise with your ex-wives. A bundle of fun you were obviously not.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I thought this was going to be a sensible economics thread along the lines of 'yet again inflation falls well below target', but alas, not to be.

Still, it ramps up the posts from the economically illiterate a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  I thought this was going to be a sensible economics thread along the lines of 'yet again inflation falls well below target', but alas, not to be.

Still, it ramps up the posts from the economically illiterate a bit more.
                  Nurse! Meds time!
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Nurse! Meds time!
                    Why, have you missed them?

Comment

Working...
                    X