• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance Question

Employment with in the last 5 years?

Do you put the end client and a contact or the agency? I ask as i know most of the senior dev team have moved on from the company i worked at.

well technically, if your contracted through your own ltd company neither of those choices are your employer

Comment

Who's dealing with your application? I'd ask them just to be sure.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Depends.

Point out to the people doing the background check that legally your employer is your limited company and ask them what they want.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

self employed

I put self employed on all of them but you still need to provide contact details;

"Please provide details of someone in a position of authority who knew you well through your work while you were self-employed.

This could be a senior business partner in your company, or a senior representative of a customer by whom you have been contracted to carry out work (for example, a Government official)."

So i put the guys who interviewed me or who signed my timesheets. However, some have moved on from that company. One company i cannot remember the guys surname who i worked for!

Comment

Originally posted by Wesdev View Post
            I put self employed on all of them but you still need to provide contact details;

"Please provide details of someone in a position of authority who knew you well through your work while you were self-employed.

This could be a senior business partner in your company, or a senior representative of a customer by whom you have been contracted to carry out work (for example, a Government official)."

So i put the guys who interviewed me or who signed my timesheets. However, some have moved on from that company. One company i cannot remember the guys surname who i worked for!
            If you worked through an agency you put the agency however as the agency has nothing to do with you day to day, you should ask whether this is acceptable. Simply as you cannot expect clients to write references for you and in many cases they will refuse to as the clientCo HR policy will be they cannot write official company references for anyone. Companies have been taken to court before over the references their staff have written as official company references. The cases I personally know were settled e.g. the company paid out before a ruling.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X