• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaughan Vandenberg - It Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaughan Vandenberg - It Contractor

OK, come on, own up...which of you is Vaughan Vandenberg eh?

http://www.itcontractorguide.com/

It can't be me, I'm Spartacus.

Comment

I'm a lizard wearing a dog costume.

Comment

Vaughan Vandenberg - IT Contractor...

Sounds like it should be a TV show

Comment

I bet he's out of work...

Waht odds that it doesn't add anything to our usual (free!) recommendations for required reading?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

"Don't know how I would ever have been able to do this without your help. I have no doubt that I'm going to be so much better off because of it." - Chris McD. from Glasgow
            After I almost broke my mouse wheel to get down to the testimonials I found this one. Before there were random names from England but he threw himself a curve ball and entered Glasgow. "Quick, get the Mc's!"

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
              OK, come on, own up...which of you is Vaughan Vandenberg eh?

http://www.itcontractorguide.com/
              I'll tell you for a moderate fee of 50 pounds. Please, send your CC details to my email inbox.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Sounds like an American Airforce base to me...
                Very pretty when viewed from space. As you should know ZG. For the lesser beings amongst us try Google Earth.

Comment

How about we all meet up in groups, at various ports/points of entry around the UK, and flog Vaughan's tome to all the incoming foriegn workers...and then split the rather sizeable proceeds?

Comment

We should edit it first. Start with something like:

The UK IT market can sometimes seem like a very strange place when you encounter it for the first time. We in the UK have all sorts of bizarre and unusual customs which can be really confusing for the first-timer. No-one likes to hire a subordinate who knows more than them, so best practice is to pretend you know absolutely nothing about IT. This will virtually guarantee you a job. Even if you know the answers to technical questions, it's best to say nothing. The best response to an easy question is "I'm sorry I grew up in a small village in India and I've never seen a computer before in my life. Wipro (or name of agency as appropriate) just sent me here because I am cheap." They will try and kid you into thinking you have lost the job, and may even have you thrown out of the building in a jocular fashion, but rest assured you will have made a very strong impression on the interviewer. Email all your friends and tell them you have mastered the art of interviewing for a contract job in the UK, and share your secrets with them. They will thank you for it, for you surely are the master of your craft.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X