• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All new police officers must have a degree from next year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All new police officers must have a degree from next year

Have we done this one?

All new police officers in England and Wales to have degrees - BBC News

In my limited interaction with the rozzers they've always come across as not very bright, so probably a good thing.
    Assuming a crap degree is better than nothing.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

So they all need £30k+ of debt to ensure suitable control by their ultimate paymasters
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

so we are going the same way as with Nurses? Give it 5 years and you will see them stood round the front desk talking about Eastenders.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        so we are going the same way as with Nurses? Give it 5 years and you will see them stood round the front desk talking about Eastenders.
        And teaching, but that went a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          And teaching, but that went a while back.
          Not to worry, your kids can always become domestic staff.
          Plenty of demand as we head back to the Victorian age.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Not to worry, your kids can always become domestic staff.
            Plenty of demand as we head back to the Victorian age.
            Bollox. We are in a world where education is cheap (free in most cases) if you know where to look.

It's just certificates for people not bright enough to competently check that knowledge that is expensive.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Bollox. We are in a world where education is cheap (free in most cases) if you know where to look.

It's just certificates for people not bright enough to competently check that knowledge that is expensive.
              Whoosh!
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

The first time I got done for speeding , I had to go to the police station to hand over my licence. The uniformed police woman behind the desk filled out a form and asked me my Date of Birth which is in June. But I noticed she'd written the month as a 7 on the form. So I said "No June". She looked at me, then looked at the form, looked at me again. I said again "June not July". The she looked more confused and finally picked up the pen again and went over the 7 a couple of times to make sure it was clear.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Have we done this one?

All new police officers in England and Wales to have degrees - BBC News

In my limited interaction with the rozzers they've always come across as not very bright, so probably a good thing.
                  Assuming a crap degree is better than nothing.
                  Well, that means a wholly Indian Police force then.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Well, that means a wholly Indian Police force then.
                    Easier to bribe at least.

Comment

Working...
                    X