• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I can't remember where there thread is about the couple buying a house for refugees..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember where there thread is about the couple buying a house for refugees..

... but this is interesting Indian businessman spends daughter's marriage budget on 90 houses for the homeless | The Independent

I assumed from the title he must be buying properties in Middlesbrough to get them that cheap but it's actually in India. Though they look like affordable £400k homes in London
    Last edited by d000hg; 15 December 2016, 12:48.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Respect to him and my best wishes to the happy couple what a great wedding present!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      ... but this is interesting Indian businessman spends daughter's marriage budget on 90 houses for the homeless | The Independent

I assumed from the title he must be buying properties in Middlesbrough to get them that cheap but it's actually in India. Though they look like affordable £400k homes in London
      Is this the one where the self-described "I care about people" Vetran, took the piss out of people who actually did some caring?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

There are many rural (and respectful) properties in Eastern Germany going cheap. For about £20k you can buy a six bed house. The problem is that the local communities are likely to protest if you let them out to refugees.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Is this the one where the self-described "I care about people" Vetran, took the piss out of people who actually did some caring?
          I didn't take the piss, I just suggested they needed luck to not be screwed.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Calais jungle is reconfiguring along similar lines for the expected Brexfugee influx.

Comment

Each home is 12 by 20 square foot, has two windows and two doors and is fitted with lights.
              I guess its 12ft x 20ft = 240sqft other wise it would have been a very small house if two of the walls where 12sqft and 20sqft..

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                I guess its 12ft x 20ft = 240sqft other wise it would have been a very small house if two of the walls where 12sqft and 20sqft..
                Maybe each house has 12 20 square foot rooms.

Comment

Working...
                X